I think this is a basic question but Googling has not helped me much so I’m 
hopeful someone can shed the clue light on me a bit.

I’m trying to find the specific port an IP address is attached to on a 3850 in 
L3 mode with SVI interfaces.  SO for example if I do a show arp a.b.c.d I’ll 
get the MAC and the SVI attached.  If I do a show VLAN ID X I see the port 
members but there are many, let’s say 10 or more per VLAN.  Is there an easy 
way to detect which port either the IP is received on or the MAC address that 
is displayed in the show arp?  Everything I’m doing seems to show the SVI 
that’s in play but not the specific gig port that the device is attached to and 
mapped to the VLAN as a member.  This seems like the sort of thing that would 
be easy to figure out but I’m stumped.  Any pointers would be most appreciated. 
 

Thanks and sorry for such a rudimentary question.

Scott

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to