In case anyone's interested, this problem mysteriously stopped occurring
about two days after I first reported it to the list.
Curiously enough, it started happening again on Monday, September 25th,
and again it has gone silent.
Two separate individuals reached out to me off-list -- first in July,
and again the other day -- with similar symptoms, so I'm reasonably
certain that it's not just me.
I can also say with reasonable certainty that downgrading the firmware
from 15.2 to 15.0 seems to solve the issue.
Anyway, just an FYI for the list.
On 7/26/17 7:19 PM, Bryan Holloway wrote:
After running fine for months or years, over the last 12-24 hours, we've
experienced spontaneous crashes of Cisco 3750Xs in multiple regions,
which suggests that perhaps there's some new type of traffic or exploit
that is causing this to occur.
We are running 15.2(4)4, the latest ...
Before I open up a TAC case, is anyone else noticing this behavior?
Last reload reason: Unknown reason
Last reset from address error
%PLATFORM-1-CRASHED: Debug Exception (Could be NULL pointer dereference)
Exception (0x2000)!
... or are we just unlucky?
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/