On 24/10/2018 17:26, Martin T wrote:
Hi,

I need to know, if GigabitEthernet0(returned by SNMP
ifDescr)/Gi0(returned by ifName) is a Management Ethernet interface or
not. My assumption is that Cisco has never made a network device,
where Management Ethernet is a 1GigE port while non-management port(s)
are Ethernet or Fast Ethernet ports. In other words, if device has any
other Gi ports besides GigabitEthernet0, then GigabitEthernet0 is
always a Management Ethernet port?

It'd be weird, but potentially a chassis router with no other ethernet ports on the controller board? (e.g. an ASR 1000 with a strange combination of slower/non-ethernet line cards?)