Drew Weaver wrote on 24/05/2020 19:20:
We have two routers that have a mirrored configuration. Peers, BGP
configuration, everything. Exactly the same [except for IP
addresses]

One of the routers BGP router process is holding 617576024. The other
is holding 577596716.

The one that is holding more appears to be suffering from an out of
memory condition.

There were a couple of releases where the ipv4_rib process had a persistent memory leak. Try this:

Router# admin process restart ipv4_rib

This is non service affecting - restarting the process temporarily stops FIB reprogramming, then does a full RIB reload from all RIB sources, then does a FIB check across the device. I.e. it's safer to do this than to hobble along with OOM errors.

Nick