--- Begin Message ---
Hi Drew,

In answer to your question about BGP, the BGP process runs only on the
supervisor engine, it does not run on the linecards or anywhere else. It's a
single process, not a per-interface process or anything like that.

Curious how exactly you are configuring CoPP to filter this? With default CoPP,
I get an "open/tcpwrapped" (green) response on TCP 179; I was able to get a
"filtered" (red) response by adding a CoPP class that matches on BGP and
polices to a CIR of 0. I preceeded that class with a class that matches on a
specific neighborship - that BGP neighborship is successfully established while
nmap still returns as filtered from my host.

ip access-list allow-bgp
  10 permit tcp 10.1.1.1/32 gt 1023 10.1.1.2/32 eq bgp
  20 permit tcp 10.1.1.2/32 eq bgp 10.1.1.1/32 gt 1023
ip access-list drop-bgp
  10 permit tcp any any eq bgp
  20 permit tcp any eq bgp any
!
class-map type control-plane match-any allow-bgp
  match access-group name allow-bgp
class-map type control-plane match-any drop-bgp
  match access-group name drop-bgp
!
policy-map type control-plane test-copp-policy-strict
  class allow-bgp
    set cos 7
    police cir 36000 kbps bc 1280000 bytes conform transmit violate drop
  class drop-bgp
    police cir 0 bps bc 32000 bytes conform transmit violate drop

Hope that helps,
Tim