From: "Mike Hammett via cisco-nsp" <cisco-nsp@puck.nether.net>
To: "Cisco Network Service Providers" <cisco-nsp@puck.nether.net>
Sent: Monday, April 3, 2023 12:16:52 AM
Subject: [c-nsp] Cisco Nexus 3k Route Selection\Packet Forwarding Debugging

We have a Nexus 3064 that is setup with partial BGP tables and is routing based
on that.

I've done a show ip bgp for an IP of interest and it has an expected next hop
IP. I show ip arp on that next hop IP and it has the expected interface.

However, sFlows show the packets leaving on a different interface, the one that
would carry the default route for routes not otherwise known.

If the next hop IP is expected and the ARP of that next hop IP is expected, why
are packets leaving out an unexpected interface?

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions

Midwest Internet Exchange