Send cisco-voip mailing list submissions to
[email protected]
To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip
or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
[email protected]
You can reach the person managing the list at
[email protected]
When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
than "Re: Contents of cisco-voip digest..."
Today's Topics:
1. Re: Cannot get on to the GUI Admin page for Unity Connection.
(Ryan Ratliff)
2. bug with 7962s and shared lines? (John Callahan)
3. Re: bug with 7962s and shared lines? (Jason Aarons (AM))
4. Re: bug with 7962s and shared lines? (James Avalos)
5. Re: bug with 7962s and shared lines? (Joe Martini)
6. Re: bug with 7962s and shared lines? (Jason Aarons (AM))
7. Re: bug with 7962s and shared lines? (James Avalos)
8. Clocking on AS5400 virtually guarantees slips? (Joseph Mays)
9. Weird Issue with voice on 2600xm (chris)
10. Re: Weird Issue with voice on 2600xm (Christian Kratzer)
11. Re: Weird Issue with voice on 2600xm (chris)
12. Re: Weird Issue with voice on 2600xm (chris)
13. Re: bug with 7962s and shared lines? (John Callahan)
14. Re: strange uity 5.0 issue (Erick)
15. Re: Cannot get on to the GUI Admin page for Unity Connection.
(Sarjo Touray)
16. Re: Cannot get on to the GUI Admin page for Unity Connection.
(Ryan Ratliff)
17. Re: bug with 7962s and shared lines? (Ryan Ratliff)
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Message: 1
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 13:02:47 -0400
From: Ryan Ratliff <[email protected]>
To: Sarjo Touray <[email protected]>
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] Cannot get on to the GUI Admin page for
Unity Connection.
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
Are any of the other web services running?
It is possible for the tomcat virtual directory to fail being deployed from war
file due to permissions, etc. If in doubt contact TAC.
-Ryan
On Oct 10, 2012, at 5:28 AM, Sarjo Touray <[email protected]> wrote:
Hi All,
We are having trouble accessing the GUI page of both our Unity Connection
Publisher and Subscriber Servers. The Servers sits on VMware and we rebooted
the Publisher last nite but yet still the GUI page is not accessable. I could
ping it from my pc but when I tried the Gui it display an HTTP error. Please
see attached erro page. Has anyone come across a similar problem.
Any help in troubleshooting this will be appreciated.
Regards
Sarjo
<CUCadmin error.png>_______________________________________________
cisco-voip mailing list
[email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:
<https://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-voip/attachments/20121010/d49d3dd0/attachment-0001.html>
------------------------------
Message: 2
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 10:44:09 -0700
From: John Callahan <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Subject: [cisco-voip] bug with 7962s and shared lines?
Message-ID:
<cabumtqloq6qjzerg_ztdzw7bwa6qokepkfkh24xw43xrgmw...@mail.gmail.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
Has anyone else experienced a bug with shared lines on 7962s where every so
often one phone will start answering incoming calls and then immediately
disconnect? Resetting the phone that is doing the answering solves the
problem, but that solution isn't particularly popular.
I am sure I had found a bug ID where the "workaround" was to adjust the
angle of tilt of the phone to be less than the maximum (as if somehow the
handset is "floating" up and down?!) but now I can't find any reference to
this problem or the workaround. Am wondering if it got fixed either in
phone firmware or in CallManager.
Thanks!
John
--
John P. Callahan
Director of Infrastructure Services
Willamette University
900 State Street, Salem OR 97301
Voice: 503-375-5495
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:
<https://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-voip/attachments/20121010/66a096ae/attachment-0001.html>
------------------------------
Message: 3
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 14:22:12 -0400
From: "Jason Aarons (AM)" <[email protected]>
To: John Callahan <[email protected]>,
"[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] bug with 7962s and shared lines?
Message-ID:
<4e38db0a1959b04c8c83edcf069b53ed0d2a21b...@usispclexdb01.na.didata.local>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="windows-1252"
There was a bug with the optical hookflash. It was a batch of bad 7900s.
This doesn't sound like your problem, but it reminds me of the optical
hookflash problem.
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of John Callahan
Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2012 1:44 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [cisco-voip] bug with 7962s and shared lines?
Has anyone else experienced a bug with shared lines on 7962s where every so
often one phone will start answering incoming calls and then immediately
disconnect? Resetting the phone that is doing the answering solves the
problem, but that solution isn't particularly popular.
I am sure I had found a bug ID where the "workaround" was to adjust the angle
of tilt of the phone to be less than the maximum (as if somehow the handset is
"floating" up and down?!) but now I can't find any reference to this problem
or the workaround. Am wondering if it got fixed either in phone firmware or in
CallManager.
Thanks!
John
--
John P. Callahan
Director of Infrastructure Services
Willamette University
900 State Street, Salem OR 97301
Voice: 503-375-5495
itevomcid
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:
<https://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-voip/attachments/20121010/5fb609d4/attachment-0001.html>
------------------------------
Message: 4
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 11:22:29 -0700
From: James Avalos <[email protected]>
To: John Callahan <[email protected]>
Cc: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] bug with 7962s and shared lines?
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
I've also run into this. I always thought my single number reach config was
causing it, but never found anything conclusive. I'm curious to know whether
or not you've solved it...
On Oct 10, 2012, at 10:45 AM, "John Callahan" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> Has anyone else experienced a bug with shared lines on 7962s where every so
> often one phone will start answering incoming calls and then immediately
> disconnect? Resetting the phone that is doing the answering solves the
> problem, but that solution isn't particularly popular.
>
> I am sure I had found a bug ID where the "workaround" was to adjust the angle
> of tilt of the phone to be less than the maximum (as if somehow the handset
> is "floating" up and down?!) but now I can't find any reference to this
> problem or the workaround. Am wondering if it got fixed either in phone
> firmware or in CallManager.
>
> Thanks!
>
> John
> --
> John P. Callahan
> Director of Infrastructure Services
> Willamette University
> 900 State Street, Salem OR 97301
> Voice: 503-375-5495
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> cisco-voip mailing list
> [email protected]
> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip
------------------------------
Message: 5
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 14:28:21 -0400
From: Joe Martini <[email protected]>
To: James Avalos <[email protected]>
Cc: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>, John
Callahan <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] bug with 7962s and shared lines?
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Sounds like it might be, " 7942 / 7962 phones go off-hook and then on-hook 400
milliseconds later"
http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCto78441.
Joe
On Oct 10, 2012, at 2:22 PM, James Avalos <[email protected]> wrote:
I've also run into this. I always thought my single number reach config was
causing it, but never found anything conclusive. I'm curious to know whether
or not you've solved it...
On Oct 10, 2012, at 10:45 AM, "John Callahan" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> Has anyone else experienced a bug with shared lines on 7962s where every so
> often one phone will start answering incoming calls and then immediately
> disconnect? Resetting the phone that is doing the answering solves the
> problem, but that solution isn't particularly popular.
>
> I am sure I had found a bug ID where the "workaround" was to adjust the angle
> of tilt of the phone to be less than the maximum (as if somehow the handset
> is "floating" up and down?!) but now I can't find any reference to this
> problem or the workaround. Am wondering if it got fixed either in phone
> firmware or in CallManager.
>
> Thanks!
>
> John
> --
> John P. Callahan
> Director of Infrastructure Services
> Willamette University
> 900 State Street, Salem OR 97301
> Voice: 503-375-5495
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> cisco-voip mailing list
> [email protected]
> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip
_______________________________________________
cisco-voip mailing list
[email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip
------------------------------
Message: 6
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 14:40:06 -0400
From: "Jason Aarons (AM)" <[email protected]>
To: Joe Martini <[email protected]>, James Avalos <[email protected]>
Cc: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>, John
Callahan <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] bug with 7962s and shared lines?
Message-ID:
<4e38db0a1959b04c8c83edcf069b53ed0d2a21b...@usispclexdb01.na.didata.local>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="windows-1252"
This was the bug I was referencing. It's a hardware defect to a very small
number of phones made last year..
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Joe Martini
Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2012 2:28 PM
To: James Avalos
Cc: [email protected]; John Callahan
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] bug with 7962s and shared lines?
Sounds like it might be, " 7942 / 7962 phones go off-hook and then on-hook 400
milliseconds later"
http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCto78441.
Joe
On Oct 10, 2012, at 2:22 PM, James Avalos
<[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:
I've also run into this. I always thought my single number reach config was
causing it, but never found anything conclusive. I'm curious to know whether or
not you've solved it...
On Oct 10, 2012, at 10:45 AM, "John Callahan"
<[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:
>
> Has anyone else experienced a bug with shared lines on 7962s where every so
> often one phone will start answering incoming calls and then immediately
> disconnect? Resetting the phone that is doing the answering solves the
> problem, but that solution isn't particularly popular.
>
> I am sure I had found a bug ID where the "workaround" was to adjust the angle
> of tilt of the phone to be less than the maximum (as if somehow the handset
> is "floating" up and down?!) but now I can't find any reference to this
> problem or the workaround. Am wondering if it got fixed either in phone
> firmware or in CallManager.
>
> Thanks!
>
> John
> --
> John P. Callahan
> Director of Infrastructure Services
> Willamette University
> 900 State Street, Salem OR 97301
> Voice: 503-375-5495
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> cisco-voip mailing list
> [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip
_______________________________________________
cisco-voip mailing list
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip
_______________________________________________
cisco-voip mailing list
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip
itevomcid
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:
<https://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-voip/attachments/20121010/8f952f1c/attachment-0001.html>
------------------------------
Message: 7
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 11:53:01 -0700
From: James Avalos <[email protected]>
To: "Jason Aarons (AM)" <[email protected]>, Joe Martini
<[email protected]>
Cc: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>, John
Callahan <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] bug with 7962s and shared lines?
Message-ID:
<b5a72f6bfeb14b4cb4295e25d114bd1202a7b4121...@nambx03.corp.adobe.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Since it's effecting devices with a shared line, how do you know which of them
is the culprit? Is there a range of SN's or MAC addresses which was announced
by Cisco?
The link to the bug below is giving me an error that the bug ID doesn't exist,
so I can't tell form that...
From: Jason Aarons (AM) [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2012 11:40 AM
To: Joe Martini; James Avalos
Cc: [email protected]; John Callahan
Subject: RE: [cisco-voip] bug with 7962s and shared lines?
This was the bug I was referencing. It's a hardware defect to a very small
number of phones made last year..
From:
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
[mailto:[email protected]]<mailto:[mailto:[email protected]]>
On Behalf Of Joe Martini
Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2012 2:28 PM
To: James Avalos
Cc: [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>; John Callahan
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] bug with 7962s and shared lines?
Sounds like it might be, " 7942 / 7962 phones go off-hook and then on-hook 400
milliseconds later"
http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCto78441.
Joe
On Oct 10, 2012, at 2:22 PM, James Avalos
<[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:
I've also run into this. I always thought my single number reach config was
causing it, but never found anything conclusive. I'm curious to know whether or
not you've solved it...
On Oct 10, 2012, at 10:45 AM, "John Callahan"
<[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:
>
> Has anyone else experienced a bug with shared lines on 7962s where every so
> often one phone will start answering incoming calls and then immediately
> disconnect? Resetting the phone that is doing the answering solves the
> problem, but that solution isn't particularly popular.
>
> I am sure I had found a bug ID where the "workaround" was to adjust the angle
> of tilt of the phone to be less than the maximum (as if somehow the handset
> is "floating" up and down?!) but now I can't find any reference to this
> problem or the workaround. Am wondering if it got fixed either in phone
> firmware or in CallManager.
>
> Thanks!
>
> John
> --
> John P. Callahan
> Director of Infrastructure Services
> Willamette University
> 900 State Street, Salem OR 97301
> Voice: 503-375-5495
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> cisco-voip mailing list
> [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip
_______________________________________________
cisco-voip mailing list
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip
_______________________________________________
cisco-voip mailing list
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip
itevomcid
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:
<https://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-voip/attachments/20121010/d6ab8bf5/attachment-0001.html>
------------------------------
Message: 8
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 15:16:01 -0400
From: "Joseph Mays" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Subject: [cisco-voip] Clocking on AS5400 virtually guarantees slips?
Message-ID: <FB9B9FCE0ECC4FC593764D300602CC49@win2snvu0x4eg9>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"; Format="flowed"
Okay, so here's where we stand after working on this for a few days.
We have several circuits that are coming into an AS5400 that are getting
slips, whereas most of them don't.
Most of the circuits come in as T1 channels on a T3. Most of those don't get
slips, some do. We also have two t1 circuits for which we have bypassed our
mux, so they are T1's that plug into dedicated T1 ports on the AS5400. One
gets slips, one doesn't.
We can change which lines are getting slips and which ones aren't by
changing the tdm clock priority to match one of the lines. Basically, we can
bring the backplane clock into sync with one line, it won't get slips,
several of the others will.
The problem is that I have not found a way to tell all the circuits except
the one setting the backplane clock how to set their timing via the clock.
T1's on the AS5400 only set clocking to line. You can't tell the T1's to
sync to the internal clock. If you could, we could set the clock that way,
set the remote end to line, and everything would then be synced to the
clocking of the line that was setting the primary TDM clock.
If this is true, there is no way to accept t1's from multiple sources in
which the clocking may not agree with each other, nor is there any way to
provide clocking for an outgoing T1. The AS5400 simply won't work for this,
because while it sets the internal clock according to the primary tdm clock
circuit, there is no way to tell the other T1's to synchronize according to
the internal clock. They are virtually guaranteed to slip.
What we want is to be the clock source for all the T1's except for specific
trunks we having coming from the phone company. Most specifically it matters
for PRI's we are providing to customers. We need to be the clock source
because in those cases the phone company simply passes the T1's through
without providing any clocking themselves.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: AS5400ClockSetting.jpg
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 65814 bytes
Desc: not available
URL:
<https://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-voip/attachments/20121010/3e5da4e6/attachment-0001.jpg>
------------------------------
Message: 9
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 15:55:37 -0400
From: chris <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Subject: [cisco-voip] Weird Issue with voice on 2600xm
Message-ID:
<CAKnNFz9Ps5R3m-hTTrWqLtQD=vx5rnpwde9oqzgwsgoncw_...@mail.gmail.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
I have a 2600 running 12.4 which has some fxs ports that use sip
registration to register the fxs to a pbx. On this router the WAN is
an ADSL and I've noticed that when the router boots up, when the ATM
interface comes up the voice registration doesnt happen. If I do "no
sip-ua" then repaste the registration config under sip-ua it comes up.
My guess is that at the time the router comes up voice fails to
register because the DSL takes a while to get a sync and for ATM
interface to come up. I would have assumed that IOS would keep
retrying the registration at some kind of interval and that even if it
took a extra minute or two after ATM came up that would be fine but it
seems like IOS never retries because the voice doesnt come up unless I
manually delete and restore the config.
Anyone seen anything like this? Any idea how I can make it all come up
automatically on boot? Its annoying that I have to login after
powerloss and do this manual process to re-establish voice
Thanks
chris
------------------------------
Message: 10
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 22:13:12 +0200 (CEST)
From: Christian Kratzer <[email protected]>
To: chris <[email protected]>
Cc: Christian Kratzer <[email protected]>, [email protected]
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] Weird Issue with voice on 2600xm
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII; format=flowed
Hi,
On Wed, 10 Oct 2012, chris wrote:
> I have a 2600 running 12.4 which has some fxs ports that use sip
> registration to register the fxs to a pbx. On this router the WAN is
> an ADSL and I've noticed that when the router boots up, when the ATM
> interface comes up the voice registration doesnt happen. If I do "no
> sip-ua" then repaste the registration config under sip-ua it comes up.
>
> My guess is that at the time the router comes up voice fails to
> register because the DSL takes a while to get a sync and for ATM
> interface to come up. I would have assumed that IOS would keep
> retrying the registration at some kind of interval and that even if it
> took a extra minute or two after ATM came up that would be fine but it
> seems like IOS never retries because the voice doesnt come up unless I
> manually delete and restore the config.
>
> Anyone seen anything like this? Any idea how I can make it all come up
> automatically on boot? Its annoying that I have to login after
> powerloss and do this manual process to re-establish voice
it appers that the default for retrying registration is set to 10.
You can change this with:
sip-ua
retry register number
Seems your only option is raising the number to some absurdly high value
but it seems to me that the whole concept of retrying something like a sip
registration for a fixed number of retries before fully give up broken.
Greetings
Christian
>
> Thanks
> chris
> _______________________________________________
> cisco-voip mailing list
> [email protected]
> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip
>
--
Christian Kratzer CK Software GmbH
Email: [email protected] Wildberger Weg 24/2
Phone: +49 7032 893 997 - 0 D-71126 Gaeufelden
Fax: +49 7032 893 997 - 9 HRB 245288, Amtsgericht Stuttgart
Web: http://www.cksoft.de/ Geschaeftsfuehrer: Christian Kratzer
------------------------------
Message: 11
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 16:34:04 -0400
From: chris <[email protected]>
To: Christian Kratzer <[email protected]>
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] Weird Issue with voice on 2600xm
Message-ID:
<caknnfz-ogdwtn2lw61atp6jgsy7acs8buberjhc1ayx52qu...@mail.gmail.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
(config-sip-ua)#retry register ?
<1-10> Number of retries (1-10)
UGH! I doubt 10 retries is enough, I'm surprised that this hasnt come
up before seems like a fundamentally broken logic
On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 4:13 PM, Christian Kratzer <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>
> On Wed, 10 Oct 2012, chris wrote:
>
>> I have a 2600 running 12.4 which has some fxs ports that use sip
>> registration to register the fxs to a pbx. On this router the WAN is
>> an ADSL and I've noticed that when the router boots up, when the ATM
>> interface comes up the voice registration doesnt happen. If I do "no
>> sip-ua" then repaste the registration config under sip-ua it comes up.
>>
>> My guess is that at the time the router comes up voice fails to
>> register because the DSL takes a while to get a sync and for ATM
>> interface to come up. I would have assumed that IOS would keep
>> retrying the registration at some kind of interval and that even if it
>> took a extra minute or two after ATM came up that would be fine but it
>> seems like IOS never retries because the voice doesnt come up unless I
>> manually delete and restore the config.
>>
>> Anyone seen anything like this? Any idea how I can make it all come up
>> automatically on boot? Its annoying that I have to login after
>> powerloss and do this manual process to re-establish voice
>
>
> it appers that the default for retrying registration is set to 10.
>
> You can change this with:
>
> sip-ua
> retry register number
>
> Seems your only option is raising the number to some absurdly high value
> but it seems to me that the whole concept of retrying something like a sip
> registration for a fixed number of retries before fully give up broken.
>
> Greetings
> Christian
>
>
>
>>
>> Thanks
>> chris
>> _______________________________________________
>> cisco-voip mailing list
>> [email protected]
>> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip
>>
>
> --
> Christian Kratzer CK Software GmbH
> Email: [email protected] Wildberger Weg 24/2
> Phone: +49 7032 893 997 - 0 D-71126 Gaeufelden
> Fax: +49 7032 893 997 - 9 HRB 245288, Amtsgericht Stuttgart
> Web: http://www.cksoft.de/ Geschaeftsfuehrer: Christian Kratzer
------------------------------
Message: 12
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 16:44:33 -0400
From: chris <[email protected]>
To: Christian Kratzer <[email protected]>
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] Weird Issue with voice on 2600xm
Message-ID:
<CAKnNFz_ATXNKn-o=3q51kaccveqfrzxwilnh21rysto6dc0...@mail.gmail.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Looks like I got it working with "retry register 10" and "timers register 1000"
Thanks!
On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 4:34 PM, chris <[email protected]> wrote:
> (config-sip-ua)#retry register ?
> <1-10> Number of retries (1-10)
>
> UGH! I doubt 10 retries is enough, I'm surprised that this hasnt come
> up before seems like a fundamentally broken logic
>
> On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 4:13 PM, Christian Kratzer <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>>
>> On Wed, 10 Oct 2012, chris wrote:
>>
>>> I have a 2600 running 12.4 which has some fxs ports that use sip
>>> registration to register the fxs to a pbx. On this router the WAN is
>>> an ADSL and I've noticed that when the router boots up, when the ATM
>>> interface comes up the voice registration doesnt happen. If I do "no
>>> sip-ua" then repaste the registration config under sip-ua it comes up.
>>>
>>> My guess is that at the time the router comes up voice fails to
>>> register because the DSL takes a while to get a sync and for ATM
>>> interface to come up. I would have assumed that IOS would keep
>>> retrying the registration at some kind of interval and that even if it
>>> took a extra minute or two after ATM came up that would be fine but it
>>> seems like IOS never retries because the voice doesnt come up unless I
>>> manually delete and restore the config.
>>>
>>> Anyone seen anything like this? Any idea how I can make it all come up
>>> automatically on boot? Its annoying that I have to login after
>>> powerloss and do this manual process to re-establish voice
>>
>>
>> it appers that the default for retrying registration is set to 10.
>>
>> You can change this with:
>>
>> sip-ua
>> retry register number
>>
>> Seems your only option is raising the number to some absurdly high value
>> but it seems to me that the whole concept of retrying something like a sip
>> registration for a fixed number of retries before fully give up broken.
>>
>> Greetings
>> Christian
>>
>>
>>
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> chris
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> cisco-voip mailing list
>>> [email protected]
>>> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip
>>>
>>
>> --
>> Christian Kratzer CK Software GmbH
>> Email: [email protected] Wildberger Weg 24/2
>> Phone: +49 7032 893 997 - 0 D-71126 Gaeufelden
>> Fax: +49 7032 893 997 - 9 HRB 245288, Amtsgericht Stuttgart
>> Web: http://www.cksoft.de/ Geschaeftsfuehrer: Christian Kratzer
------------------------------
Message: 13
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 16:10:04 -0700
From: John Callahan <[email protected]>
To: James Avalos <[email protected]>
Cc: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] bug with 7962s and shared lines?
Message-ID:
<cabumtqjsduvjwg7ky1pbvpkpcdnaja8vcx1dursfxp2ctsc...@mail.gmail.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="windows-1252"
Usually we just look through CDR and look for 0-1 second calls. They come
in clumps because the caller wonders what happened and calls right back.
In some cases the line is shared between a 7962 at a reception desk and
some 7942s in offices so we know the 7962 needs the kick.
I think CSCto78441 is the bug I found before, although I see now that it
doesn't mention shared lines. We have never seen the issue on phones
without a shared line. What does Fixed-In Release-Pending mean?
John
On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 11:53 AM, James Avalos <[email protected]> wrote:
> Since it?s effecting devices with a shared line, how do you know which of
> them is the culprit? Is there a range of SN?s or MAC addresses which was
> announced by Cisco?****
>
> The link to the bug below is giving me an error that the bug ID doesn?t
> exist, so I can?t tell form that?****
>
> ** **
>
> ** **
>
> *From:* Jason Aarons (AM) [mailto:[email protected]]
> *Sent:* Wednesday, October 10, 2012 11:40 AM
> *To:* Joe Martini; James Avalos
> *Cc:* [email protected]; John Callahan
> *Subject:* RE: [cisco-voip] bug with 7962s and shared lines?****
>
> ** **
>
> This was the bug I was referencing. It?s a hardware defect to a very
> small number of phones made last year..****
>
> ** **
>
> *From:* [email protected]
> [mailto:[email protected]] *On Behalf Of *Joe Martini
> *Sent:* Wednesday, October 10, 2012 2:28 PM
> *To:* James Avalos
> *Cc:* [email protected]; John Callahan
> *Subject:* Re: [cisco-voip] bug with 7962s and shared lines?****
>
> ** **
>
>
>
> Sounds like it might be, " 7942 / 7962 phones go off-hook and then on-hook
> 400 milliseconds later"
> http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCto78441.
>
> Joe
>
>
> On Oct 10, 2012, at 2:22 PM, James Avalos <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> I've also run into this. I always thought my single number reach config
> was causing it, but never found anything conclusive. I'm curious to know
> whether or not you've solved it...
>
>
>
> On Oct 10, 2012, at 10:45 AM, "John Callahan" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> >
> > Has anyone else experienced a bug with shared lines on 7962s where every
> so often one phone will start answering incoming calls and then immediately
> disconnect? Resetting the phone that is doing the answering solves the
> problem, but that solution isn't particularly popular.
> >
> > I am sure I had found a bug ID where the "workaround" was to adjust the
> angle of tilt of the phone to be less than the maximum (as if somehow the
> handset is "floating" up and down?!) but now I can't find any reference to
> this problem or the workaround. Am wondering if it got fixed either in
> phone firmware or in CallManager.
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > John
> > --
> > John P. Callahan
> > Director of Infrastructure Services
> > Willamette University
> > 900 State Street, Salem OR 97301
> > Voice: 503-375-5495
> >
> >
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > cisco-voip mailing list
> > [email protected]
> > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip
>
> _______________________________________________
> cisco-voip mailing list
> [email protected]
> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> cisco-voip mailing list
> [email protected]
> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip
>
>
> itevomcid ****
>
--
John P. Callahan
Director of Infrastructure Services
Willamette University
900 State Street, Salem OR 97301
Voice: 503-375-5495
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:
<https://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-voip/attachments/20121010/b1d4e868/attachment-0001.html>
------------------------------
Message: 14
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 08:25:51 -0500
From: Erick <[email protected]>
To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] strange uity 5.0 issue
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
We seem to have resolved this.
There is a registry entry called 'unity system profile' and below this are all
of the mapi profiles. There should be one for each unity user.
We deleted the unity system profile and rebooted. The keys then recreate
themselves.
On Oct 9, 2012, at 3:51 PM, Erick Wellnitz <[email protected]> wrote:
> Okay, we're in the process of migrating but we need our Unity 5 up and
> functioning for a short while yet.
>
> We have random users on random mailstores (Exchange 2010) who receive their
> messages in their Exchange/Outlook inbox but are unable to retreive them via
> the TUI.
>
> We see CiscoUnity_ConvSub error 1000 as well as some MalEx errors.
>
> Has anyone seen these types of issues in the past?
>
> Thanks!
>
------------------------------
Message: 15
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 15:35:57 +0100
From: Sarjo Touray <[email protected]>
To: Ryan Ratliff <[email protected]>
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] Cannot get on to the GUI Admin page for
Unity Connection.
Message-ID:
<cal33s_vw2ei4cf5gujlfwzh7yhx0dzwekt_c7zzyvx7q_lc...@mail.gmail.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
Hi Ryan,
Thanks for your response, I restarted the tomcat services but its still not
working. On the CLI interface, I typed the command, utils services list, it
displays all the servies and their status "Started / Stopped". I realised
the Connection Administration Service is currently (STOPPED) Out Of Service
and I could not restart it, I done know what command to restart it. I tried
utils service restart Connection Administration but it did not work.
So I have now open a TAC case with cisco.
Regards
Sarjo
On 10 October 2012 18:02, Ryan Ratliff <[email protected]> wrote:
> Are any of the other web services running?
>
> It is possible for the tomcat virtual directory to fail being deployed
> from war file due to permissions, etc. If in doubt contact TAC.
>
> -Ryan
>
> On Oct 10, 2012, at 5:28 AM, Sarjo Touray <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> We are having trouble accessing the GUI page of both our Unity Connection
> Publisher and Subscriber Servers. The Servers sits on VMware and we
> rebooted the Publisher last nite but yet still the GUI page is not
> accessable. I could ping it from my pc but when I tried the Gui it display
> an HTTP error. Please see attached erro page. Has anyone come across a
> similar problem.
>
> Any help in troubleshooting this will be appreciated.
>
> Regards
>
> Sarjo
> <CUCadmin error.png>_______________________________________________
> cisco-voip mailing list
> [email protected]
> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip
>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:
<https://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-voip/attachments/20121011/900c96d0/attachment-0001.html>
------------------------------
Message: 16
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 11:39:28 -0400
From: Ryan Ratliff <[email protected]>
To: Sarjo Touray <[email protected]>
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] Cannot get on to the GUI Admin page for
Unity Connection.
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
The tomcat catalina.out would give you more info on what's going on with that
web app. Most likely it failed to start for some reason and will have to be
fixed with root access.
-Ryan
On Oct 11, 2012, at 10:35 AM, Sarjo Touray <[email protected]> wrote:
Hi Ryan,
Thanks for your response, I restarted the tomcat services but its still not
working. On the CLI interface, I typed the command, utils services list, it
displays all the servies and their status "Started / Stopped". I realised the
Connection Administration Service is currently (STOPPED) Out Of Service and I
could not restart it, I done know what command to restart it. I tried utils
service restart Connection Administration but it did not work.
So I have now open a TAC case with cisco.
Regards
Sarjo
On 10 October 2012 18:02, Ryan Ratliff <[email protected]> wrote:
Are any of the other web services running?
It is possible for the tomcat virtual directory to fail being deployed from war
file due to permissions, etc. If in doubt contact TAC.
-Ryan
On Oct 10, 2012, at 5:28 AM, Sarjo Touray <[email protected]> wrote:
Hi All,
We are having trouble accessing the GUI page of both our Unity Connection
Publisher and Subscriber Servers. The Servers sits on VMware and we rebooted
the Publisher last nite but yet still the GUI page is not accessable. I could
ping it from my pc but when I tried the Gui it display an HTTP error. Please
see attached erro page. Has anyone come across a similar problem.
Any help in troubleshooting this will be appreciated.
Regards
Sarjo
<CUCadmin error.png>_______________________________________________
cisco-voip mailing list
[email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:
<https://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-voip/attachments/20121011/ba225899/attachment-0001.html>
------------------------------
Message: 17
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 11:44:15 -0400
From: Ryan Ratliff <[email protected]>
To: John Callahan <[email protected]>
Cc: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] bug with 7962s and shared lines?
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="windows-1252"
> I think CSCto78441 is the bug I found before, although I see now that it
> doesn't mention shared lines. We have never seen the issue on phones without
> a shared line. What does Fixed-In Release-Pending mean?
It means the bug is resolved but doesn't list a version where the fix is
present. Since this is a hardware issue that is documented as a software bug
there won't be a software version with the fix, so ignore that field.
-Ryan
On Oct 10, 2012, at 7:10 PM, John Callahan <[email protected]> wrote:
Usually we just look through CDR and look for 0-1 second calls. They come in
clumps because the caller wonders what happened and calls right back.
In some cases the line is shared between a 7962 at a reception desk and some
7942s in offices so we know the 7962 needs the kick.
I think CSCto78441 is the bug I found before, although I see now that it
doesn't mention shared lines. We have never seen the issue on phones without a
shared line. What does Fixed-In Release-Pending mean?
John
On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 11:53 AM, James Avalos <[email protected]> wrote:
Since it?s effecting devices with a shared line, how do you know which of them
is the culprit? Is there a range of SN?s or MAC addresses which was announced
by Cisco?
The link to the bug below is giving me an error that the bug ID doesn?t exist,
so I can?t tell form that?
From: Jason Aarons (AM) [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2012 11:40 AM
To: Joe Martini; James Avalos
Cc: [email protected]; John Callahan
Subject: RE: [cisco-voip] bug with 7962s and shared lines?
This was the bug I was referencing. It?s a hardware defect to a very small
number of phones made last year..
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Joe Martini
Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2012 2:28 PM
To: James Avalos
Cc: [email protected]; John Callahan
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] bug with 7962s and shared lines?
Sounds like it might be, " 7942 / 7962 phones go off-hook and then on-hook 400
milliseconds later"
http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCto78441.
Joe
On Oct 10, 2012, at 2:22 PM, James Avalos <[email protected]> wrote:
I've also run into this. I always thought my single number reach config was
causing it, but never found anything conclusive. I'm curious to know whether or
not you've solved it...
On Oct 10, 2012, at 10:45 AM, "John Callahan" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> Has anyone else experienced a bug with shared lines on 7962s where every so
> often one phone will start answering incoming calls and then immediately
> disconnect? Resetting the phone that is doing the answering solves the
> problem, but that solution isn't particularly popular.
>
> I am sure I had found a bug ID where the "workaround" was to adjust the angle
> of tilt of the phone to be less than the maximum (as if somehow the handset
> is "floating" up and down?!) but now I can't find any reference to this
> problem or the workaround. Am wondering if it got fixed either in phone
> firmware or in CallManager.
>
> Thanks!
>
> John
> --
> John P. Callahan
> Director of Infrastructure Services
> Willamette University
> 900 State Street, Salem OR 97301
> Voice: 503-375-5495
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> cisco-voip mailing list
> [email protected]
> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip
_______________________________________________
cisco-voip mailing list
[email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip
_______________________________________________
cisco-voip mailing list
[email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip
itevomcid
--
John P. Callahan
Director of Infrastructure Services
Willamette University
900 State Street, Salem OR 97301
Voice: 503-375-5495
_______________________________________________
cisco-voip mailing list
[email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:
<https://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-voip/attachments/20121011/45bbe3c6/attachment-0001.html>
------------------------------
_______________________________________________
cisco-voip mailing list
[email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip
End of cisco-voip Digest, Vol 108, Issue 12
*******************************************