According to the TAC (629123121), the publisher must always be restored first.
They at first mentioned it was because of the hardware differences, but later,
after consulting with their lead, they mentioned, it's always the case.

I've asked them to investigate why the document has never been updated and/or
to update the document accordingly.

Not sure if this is one of those times where the TAC's best practices conflicts
with what the document says, or even if there is any chance of having the
document updated, but it's very confusing.

Onward we shall go....

Lelio

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.