Dear All,

I have centralize CUCM Cluster with 40+ Branches with their respective
Branch DP's & regions  using g729 Codec  default video bit codec i.e. 384
and the  Cisco IP Phones  8945 register to CUCM cluster using WAN 1mb MPLS
link, when I have 2 video calls at the same time  between Branch and HQ
video  is getting distorted, please help what should I do.

Regards
Irshad

-----Original Message-----
From: cisco-voip [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of
[email protected]
Sent: Thursday, March 06, 2014 8:00 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: cisco-voip Digest, Vol 125, Issue 5

Send cisco-voip mailing list submissions to
        [email protected]

To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
        https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip
or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
        [email protected]

You can reach the person managing the list at
        [email protected]

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific than
"Re: Contents of cisco-voip digest..."


Today's Topics:

   1. Re: should I rebuild cluster from scratch after upgrade   from
      v7 to v9? (Heim, Dennis)
   2. Re: Setting up ICM Sprawler 8.x (Pavan K)
   3. Re: should I rebuild cluster from scratch after upgrade   from
      v7 to v9? (Lelio Fulgenzi)
   4. Re: Setting up ICM Sprawler 8.x (Ryan Burtch)
   5. Re: Setting up ICM Sprawler 8.x (Beck, Christopher)
   6. Re: should I rebuild cluster from scratch after   upgrade from
      v7 to v9? (Madziarczyk, Jonathan)
   7. Re: UCCX High CPU & Memory Usage (Anthony Holloway)
   8. Re: should I rebuild cluster from scratch after   upgrade from
      v7 to v9? (Lelio Fulgenzi)
   9. Re: Directory URI in LDAP sync (Anthony Holloway)
  10. FAX and ITSP SIP Trunks and CUBE (Dana Tong)
  11. Re: FAX and ITSP SIP Trunks and CUBE (Jason Aarons (AM))
  12. CUCM 10 Phones (Leslie Meade)
  13. Re: CUCM 10 Phones (James Buchanan)
  14. Re: CUCM 10 Phones (Matthew Collins)
  15. Re: CUCM 10 Phones (Jason Aarons (AM))
  16. Re: CUCM 10 Phones (Daniel Pagan)


----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: 1
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2014 12:37:24 -0600
From: "Heim, Dennis" <[email protected]>
To: Lelio Fulgenzi <[email protected]>, cisco-voip voyp list
        <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] should I rebuild cluster from scratch after
        upgrade from v7 to v9?
Message-ID:
        <[email protected]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"

Aligned partitions.

Dennis Heim | Solution Architect (Collaboration) World Wide Technology, Inc.
| 314-212-1814

PS Engineering:  Innovate & Ignite.


From: cisco-voip [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of
Lelio Fulgenzi
Sent: Wednesday, March 05, 2014 10:56 AM
To: cisco-voip voyp list
Subject: [cisco-voip] should I rebuild cluster from scratch after upgrade
from v7 to v9?


I have an opportunity (maybe, if time permits) to rebuild an off-line
cluster after I upgrade it from v7 to v9.

The question is, is there any advantage to building a cluster from scratch
and restore from DRS, so that it is built from v9 installation media rather
than from a v7 upgrade?

I recall seeing a number of bugs in the past that said something to the
effect of "...if installation was an upgrade, disk space, etc. etc...."

Can anything thing of any advantages of doing this? This will help us test
our disaster recovery process as well.

Lelio

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.
Senior Analyst, Network Infrastructure
Computing and Communications Services (CCS) University of Guelph

519?824?4120 Ext 56354
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
www.uoguelph.ca/ccs<http://www.uoguelph.ca/ccs>
Room 037, Animal Science and Nutrition Building Guelph, Ontario, N1G 2W1

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:
<https://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-voip/attachments/20140305/3100999a/
attachment-0001.html>

------------------------------

Message: 2
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2014 00:08:39 +0530
From: Pavan K <[email protected]>
To: Ryan Burtch <[email protected]>
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] Setting up ICM Sprawler 8.x
Message-ID:
        <CAJDPBuUGN6s7sSAD_2NG6n7QQe3SQeKZsJz+cF9z=dve977...@mail.gmail.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"

AD /DNS is usually on a separate box
You need SQL anywhere on the logger / aw/HDS/dds boxes. So yes you will need
SQL.
On Mar 5, 2014 1:03 AM, "Ryan Burtch" <[email protected]> wrote:

> I have a couple questions on the ICM Sprawler setup.
>
> 1. Does SQL need to be installed on the Sprawler?
> 2. Can AD/DNS be installed on the Sprawler?
>
>
>
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Ryan Burtch
>
> _______________________________________________
> cisco-voip mailing list
> [email protected]
> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip
>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:
<https://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-voip/attachments/20140306/b6028baf/
attachment-0001.html>

------------------------------

Message: 3
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2014 13:44:07 -0500 (EST)
From: Lelio Fulgenzi <[email protected]>
To: Dennis Heim <[email protected]>
Cc: cisco-voip voyp list <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] should I rebuild cluster from scratch after
        upgrade from v7 to v9?
Message-ID:
        <[email protected]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"

Thanks Dennis. I believe that 'aligned partitions' are a VM issue only? I am
currently on MCS (HP equiv) servers. 

Lelio 



---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A. 
Senior Analyst, Network Infrastructure
Computing and Communications Services (CCS) University of Guelph 

519?824?4120 Ext 56354
[email protected]
www.uoguelph.ca/ccs
Room 037, Animal Science and Nutrition Building Guelph, Ontario, N1G 2W1 

----- Original Message -----

From: "Dennis Heim" <[email protected]>
To: "Lelio Fulgenzi" <[email protected]>, "cisco-voip voyp list"
<[email protected]>
Sent: Wednesday, March 5, 2014 1:37:24 PM
Subject: RE: [cisco-voip] should I rebuild cluster from scratch after
upgrade from v7 to v9? 



Aligned partitions. 


Dennis Heim | Solution Architect (Collaboration) World Wide Technology, Inc.
| 314-212-1814 

PS Engineering: Innovate & Ignite. 




From: cisco-voip [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of
Lelio Fulgenzi
Sent: Wednesday, March 05, 2014 10:56 AM
To: cisco-voip voyp list
Subject: [cisco-voip] should I rebuild cluster from scratch after upgrade
from v7 to v9? 



I have an opportunity (maybe, if time permits) to rebuild an off-line
cluster after I upgrade it from v7 to v9. 

The question is, is there any advantage to building a cluster from scratch
and restore from DRS, so that it is built from v9 installation media rather
than from a v7 upgrade? 

I recall seeing a number of bugs in the past that said something to the
effect of "...if installation was an upgrade, disk space, etc. etc...." 

Can anything thing of any advantages of doing this? This will help us test
our disaster recovery process as well. 

Lelio 



---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A. 
Senior Analyst, Network Infrastructure
Computing and Communications Services (CCS) University of Guelph 

519 ? 824 ? 4120 Ext 56354
[email protected]
www.uoguelph.ca/ccs
Room 037, Animal Science and Nutrition Building Guelph, Ontario, N1G 2W1 

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:
<https://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-voip/attachments/20140305/3e291aa5/
attachment-0001.html>

------------------------------

Message: 4
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2014 13:41:17 -0500
From: Ryan Burtch <[email protected]>
To: Pavan K <[email protected]>
Cc: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] Setting up ICM Sprawler 8.x
Message-ID:
        <cak+shf7xiimgu2ooit8awlo9kyqpgl6aa8plknjggleod0c...@mail.gmail.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"

This is for a Sprawler.  Do you have any experience setting one of these up?




Sincerely,

Ryan Burtch


On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 1:38 PM, Pavan K <[email protected]> wrote:

> AD /DNS is usually on a separate box
> You need SQL anywhere on the logger / aw/HDS/dds boxes. So yes you 
> will need SQL.
> On Mar 5, 2014 1:03 AM, "Ryan Burtch" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>  I have a couple questions on the ICM Sprawler setup.
>>
>> 1. Does SQL need to be installed on the Sprawler?
>> 2. Can AD/DNS be installed on the Sprawler?
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> Sincerely,
>>
>> Ryan Burtch
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> cisco-voip mailing list
>> [email protected]
>> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip
>>
>>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:
<https://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-voip/attachments/20140305/c4169e36/
attachment-0001.html>

------------------------------

Message: 5
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2014 13:12:53 -0600
From: "Beck, Christopher" <[email protected]>
To: Ryan Burtch <[email protected]>, "[email protected]"
        <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] Setting up ICM Sprawler 8.x
Message-ID:
        <[email protected]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"

Pavan is right.   You will need SQL because the router/logger processes are
on the server.  If you install the AW/HDS service on a different host, that
will require SQL as well.  You will need separate server(s) for the AD/DNS.
It isn't supported as a function installed on the IPCC servers.


It doesn't matter if you have a sprawler or a multi-server production setup,
these rules apply.

Hope it helps,
Chris

From: cisco-voip [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of
Ryan Burtch
Sent: Wednesday, March 05, 2014 12:41 PM
To: Pavan K
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] Setting up ICM Sprawler 8.x

This is for a Sprawler.  Do you have any experience setting one of these up?




Sincerely,

Ryan Burtch

On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 1:38 PM, Pavan K
<[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:

AD /DNS is usually on a separate box
You need SQL anywhere on the logger / aw/HDS/dds boxes. So yes you will need
SQL.
On Mar 5, 2014 1:03 AM, "Ryan Burtch"
<[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:
I have a couple questions on the ICM Sprawler setup.

1. Does SQL need to be installed on the Sprawler?
2. Can AD/DNS be installed on the Sprawler?




Sincerely,

Ryan Burtch

_______________________________________________
cisco-voip mailing list
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip


Confidentiality Notice: This email is intended for the sole use of the
intended
 recipient(s) and may contain confidential, proprietary or privileged
information.
 If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any use,
review,  dissemination, copying or action taken based on this message or its
attachments,  if any, is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient,
please contact the  sender by reply email and destroy or delete all copies
of the original message  and any attachments. Thank you.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:
<https://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-voip/attachments/20140305/0fff46a4/
attachment-0001.html>

------------------------------

Message: 6
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2014 14:31:09 -0600
From: "Madziarczyk, Jonathan" <[email protected]>
To: "Lelio Fulgenzi" <[email protected]>
Cc: cisco-voip voyp list <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] should I rebuild cluster from scratch after
        upgrade from v7 to v9?
Message-ID:
        
<c5450abe05e1f246b2c0afb201106ec922548...@coe-ms1.local.cityofevanston.org>
        
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"

Yes, I believe the aligned partitions issue is VMware specific.

 

I don?t know what Cisco has to say about it, but I always feel better
knowing the install was direct from a fresh 9 install rather than a 7->9
upgrade.  Since the DRS backup and restore from an upgraded 9x onto a fresh
9x is acceptable in the Jump Upgrade in VMware I don?t see a problem with it
on the physical side.

 

On a side note, are you using any ATAs?

 

 

 

From: cisco-voip [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of
Lelio Fulgenzi
Sent: Wednesday, March 05, 2014 12:44 PM
To: Dennis Heim
Cc: cisco-voip voyp list
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] should I rebuild cluster from scratch after
upgrade from v7 to v9?

 

Thanks Dennis. I  believe that 'aligned partitions' are a VM issue only? I
am currently on MCS (HP equiv) servers.

Lelio



---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.
Senior Analyst, Network Infrastructure
Computing and Communications Services (CCS) University of Guelph

519?824?4120 Ext 56354
[email protected]
www.uoguelph.ca/ccs
Room 037, Animal Science and Nutrition Building Guelph, Ontario, N1G 2W1

 

________________________________

From: "Dennis Heim" <[email protected]>
To: "Lelio Fulgenzi" <[email protected]>, "cisco-voip voyp list"
<[email protected]>
Sent: Wednesday, March 5, 2014 1:37:24 PM
Subject: RE: [cisco-voip] should I rebuild cluster from scratch after
upgrade        from v7 to v9?

Aligned partitions.

 

Dennis Heim | Solution Architect (Collaboration)

World Wide Technology, Inc. | 314-212-1814

 

PS Engineering:  Innovate & Ignite.

 

 

From: cisco-voip [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of
Lelio Fulgenzi
Sent: Wednesday, March 05, 2014 10:56 AM
To: cisco-voip voyp list
Subject: [cisco-voip] should I rebuild cluster from scratch after upgrade
from v7 to v9?

 


I have an opportunity (maybe, if time permits) to rebuild an off-line
cluster after I upgrade it from v7 to v9.

The question is, is there any advantage to building a cluster from scratch
and restore from DRS, so that it is built from v9 installation media rather
than from a v7 upgrade?

I recall seeing a number of bugs in the past that said something to the
effect of "...if installation was an upgrade, disk space, etc. etc...."

Can anything thing of any advantages of doing this? This will help us test
our disaster recovery process as well.

Lelio

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.
Senior Analyst, Network Infrastructure
Computing and Communications Services (CCS) University of Guelph

519?824?4120 Ext 56354
[email protected]
www.uoguelph.ca/ccs
Room 037, Animal Science and Nutrition Building Guelph, Ontario, N1G 2W1

 

 

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:
<https://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-voip/attachments/20140305/ece43084/
attachment-0001.html>

------------------------------

Message: 7
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2014 18:07:56 -0600
From: Anthony Holloway <[email protected]>
To: Ryan Burtch <[email protected]>
Cc: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] UCCX High CPU & Memory Usage
Message-ID:
        <CACRCJOjt1DOLBaHvEnTVnLr_0yzfT9Lqwq=wtowuurv6oav...@mail.gmail.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"

You'll want to look at Java Virtual Machine (JVM) Heap Usage in RTMT, as it
can cause a loss of all active calls and all agents to be logged out.  If
HA, it will cause a failover.

In 8.5SU3 and lower the Heap is only 256MB.  In later versions it was
doubled to 512MB.


On Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 9:16 PM, Ryan Burtch <[email protected]> wrote:

> Has anyone seen a UCCX box so heavily used before?  See Screen shot.
>
> [image: Inline image 2]
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Ryan Burtch
>
> _______________________________________________
> cisco-voip mailing list
> [email protected]
> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip
>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:
<https://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-voip/attachments/20140305/acfeffba/
attachment-0001.html>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: image.png
Type: image/png
Size: 136357 bytes
Desc: not available
URL:
<https://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-voip/attachments/20140305/acfeffba/
attachment-0001.png>

------------------------------

Message: 8
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2014 19:11:59 -0500 (EST)
From: Lelio Fulgenzi <[email protected]>
To: "Madziarczyk, Jonathan" <[email protected]>
Cc: cisco-voip voyp list <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] should I rebuild cluster from scratch after
        upgrade from v7 to v9?
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"

We have one ATA. The one that is SIP. 187 I think. 

Have experienced problems with ATAs?

Sent from my iPhone

On 2014-03-05, at 3:31 PM, "Madziarczyk, Jonathan" <[email protected]>
wrote:

> Yes, I believe the aligned partitions issue is VMware specific.
>  
> I don?t know what Cisco has to say about it, but I always feel better
knowing the install was direct from a fresh 9 install rather than a 7->9
upgrade.  Since the DRS backup and restore from an upgraded 9x onto a fresh
9x is acceptable in the Jump Upgrade in VMware I don?t see a problem with it
on the physical side.
>  
> On a side note, are you using any ATAs?
>  
>  
>  
> From: cisco-voip [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf 
> Of Lelio Fulgenzi
> Sent: Wednesday, March 05, 2014 12:44 PM
> To: Dennis Heim
> Cc: cisco-voip voyp list
> Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] should I rebuild cluster from scratch after
upgrade from v7 to v9?
>  
> Thanks Dennis. I  believe that 'aligned partitions' are a VM issue only? I
am currently on MCS (HP equiv) servers.
> 
> Lelio
> 
> 
> ---
> Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.
> Senior Analyst, Network Infrastructure Computing and Communications 
> Services (CCS) University of Guelph
> 
> 519?824?4120 Ext 56354
> [email protected]
> www.uoguelph.ca/ccs
> Room 037, Animal Science and Nutrition Building Guelph, Ontario, N1G 
> 2W1
>  
> From: "Dennis Heim" <[email protected]>
> To: "Lelio Fulgenzi" <[email protected]>, "cisco-voip voyp list" 
> <[email protected]>
> Sent: Wednesday, March 5, 2014 1:37:24 PM
> Subject: RE: [cisco-voip] should I rebuild cluster from scratch after
upgrade        from v7 to v9?
> 
> Aligned partitions.
>  
> Dennis Heim | Solution Architect (Collaboration) World Wide 
> Technology, Inc. | 314-212-1814
>  
> PS Engineering:  Innovate & Ignite.
>  
>  
> From: cisco-voip [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf 
> Of Lelio Fulgenzi
> Sent: Wednesday, March 05, 2014 10:56 AM
> To: cisco-voip voyp list
> Subject: [cisco-voip] should I rebuild cluster from scratch after upgrade
from v7 to v9?
>  
> 
> I have an opportunity (maybe, if time permits) to rebuild an off-line
cluster after I upgrade it from v7 to v9.
> 
> The question is, is there any advantage to building a cluster from scratch
and restore from DRS, so that it is built from v9 installation media rather
than from a v7 upgrade?
> 
> I recall seeing a number of bugs in the past that said something to the
effect of "...if installation was an upgrade, disk space, etc. etc...."
> 
> Can anything thing of any advantages of doing this? This will help us test
our disaster recovery process as well.
> 
> Lelio
> 
> ---
> Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.
> Senior Analyst, Network Infrastructure Computing and Communications 
> Services (CCS) University of Guelph
> 
> 519?824?4120 Ext 56354
> [email protected]
> www.uoguelph.ca/ccs
> Room 037, Animal Science and Nutrition Building Guelph, Ontario, N1G 
> 2W1
>  
>  
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:
<https://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-voip/attachments/20140305/3683a505/
attachment-0001.html>

------------------------------

Message: 9
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2014 18:12:06 -0600
From: Anthony Holloway <[email protected]>
To: Lelio Fulgenzi <[email protected]>
Cc: cisco-voip voyp list <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] Directory URI in LDAP sync
Message-ID:
        <CACRCJOhK1vHggFVGpPwEsaJFohM6WHNTC=ic4nw9o8jat-u...@mail.gmail.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"

For what it's worth, in CUCM 10, you can change LDAP directory field
mappings on the fly.  I.e., No more delete then re-add.


On Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 1:11 PM, Lelio Fulgenzi <[email protected]> wrote:

>
> Just following up on this Erick...
>
> After upgrading from v7 to v9, the Directory URI field is blank as you 
> suggest. I thought I could simply add another host in the existing 
> relationship, but that does not work. It looks like I have to create a 
> new directory relationship.
>
> Is it dangerous to create two directory relationships to the same 
> active directory source?
>
> Lelio
>
>
> ---
> Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.
> Senior Analyst, Network Infrastructure
>
> Computing and Communications Services (CCS) University of Guelph
>
> 519?824?4120 Ext 56354
> [email protected]
> www.uoguelph.ca/ccs
> Room 037, Animal Science and Nutrition Building Guelph, Ontario, N1G 
> 2W1
>
> ------------------------------
> *From: *"Erick B." <[email protected]>
> *To: *"Lelio Fulgenzi" <[email protected]>
> *Cc: *"cisco-voip voyp list" <[email protected]>
> *Sent: *Monday, November 18, 2013 2:46:57 PM
>
> *Subject: *Re: [cisco-voip] Directory URI in LDAP sync
>
> After upgrade from 8.x to 9.x, the field is not mapped to LDAP 
> attribute (is blank). You need to add new LDAP directory entry to get 
> that field mapped or go under Call Routing -> Directory Number and 
> Directory URI and set each DN and Directory URI setting there.
>
> The SIP URI is used for telepresence mainly so people call you at 
> [email protected] from a video device.
>
> Still learning this...
>
>
> On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 11:27 AM, Lelio Fulgenzi <[email protected]>wrote:
>
>> Can anyone comment/elaborate on what the Directory URI is used for in 
>> the LDAP sync setup screen in v9? It's set to 
>> "msRTCSIP-primaryuseraddress" by default. Unfortunately it's not 
>> modifiable after the relationship is setup and I'm not sure what to set
it to.
>>
>> I'll also have to see what value it takes during an upgrade
>>
>>
>>
>> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/9_0_1/ccmcfg
>> /CUCM_BK_CDF59AFB_00_admin-guide_chapter_01100.html#CUCM_RF_LE051F5C_
>> 00
>>
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>> _______________________________________________
>> cisco-voip mailing list
>> [email protected]
>> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip
>>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> cisco-voip mailing list
> [email protected]
> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip
>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:
<https://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-voip/attachments/20140305/1b2b2233/
attachment-0001.html>

------------------------------

Message: 10
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2014 00:37:53 +0000
From: Dana Tong <[email protected]>
To: "[email protected] ([email protected])"
        <[email protected]>
Subject: [cisco-voip] FAX and ITSP SIP Trunks and CUBE
Message-ID:
        <[email protected]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"

Good morning all,

So I have a pair of CUBE with SIP trunks to an ITSP. They are hard set to
use pass-through G711alaw (Aus) and also explicitly set on each dial-peer
with "fax rate disabled" as well.

I seem to be able to send some FAXes ok back to my office along with some
other machines at another company. I cannot however send to Telstra Test FAX
and cannot RECEIVE FAX.

The FAX is connect to a SCCP controlled VG224.

Does anyone have any troubleshooting tips?

I have the "debug ccsip messages" on the CUBE along with "debug voip ccapi"
and "debug voice rtp session named-event".

Cheers
Dana

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:
<https://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-voip/attachments/20140306/260da828/
attachment-0001.html>

------------------------------

Message: 11
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2014 22:12:20 -0500
From: "Jason Aarons (AM)" <[email protected]>
To: Dana Tong <[email protected]>,
        "[email protected] ([email protected])"
        <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] FAX and ITSP SIP Trunks and CUBE
Message-ID:
        
<4e38db0a1959b04c8c83edcf069b53ed0d5f4ae...@usispclexdb01.na.didata.local>
        
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"

I would look at Standards Based T.38.  EG MGCP on the VG224 , no SCCP.

From: cisco-voip [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of
Dana Tong
Sent: Wednesday, March 05, 2014 7:38 PM
To: [email protected] ([email protected])
Subject: [cisco-voip] FAX and ITSP SIP Trunks and CUBE


Good morning all,

So I have a pair of CUBE with SIP trunks to an ITSP. They are hard set to
use pass-through G711alaw (Aus) and also explicitly set on each dial-peer
with ?fax rate disabled? as well.

I seem to be able to send some FAXes ok back to my office along with some
other machines at another company. I cannot however send to Telstra Test FAX
and cannot RECEIVE FAX.

The FAX is connect to a SCCP controlled VG224.

Does anyone have any troubleshooting tips?

I have the ?debug ccsip messages? on the CUBE along with ?debug voip ccapi?
and ?debug voice rtp session named-event?.

Cheers
Dana



itevomcid
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:
<https://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-voip/attachments/20140305/221b5ad4/
attachment-0001.html>

------------------------------

Message: 12
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2014 04:28:53 +0000
From: Leslie Meade <[email protected]>
To: "cisco-voip ([email protected])"
        <[email protected]>
Subject: [cisco-voip] CUCM 10 Phones
Message-ID:
        
<f64719604b4e6f41bdbb2af38e7609f4fcf2f...@lvscgyex03.longviewsystems.com>
        
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"

I know that the 1st gen phones are end of life, but they should still
connect to a callmanager 10 environment ?
I have a client that wants to upgrade the system, but at this time not
willing to upgrade the handsets.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:
<https://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-voip/attachments/20140306/c5f082f3/
attachment-0001.html>

------------------------------

Message: 13
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2014 06:45:15 +0200
From: James Buchanan <[email protected]>
To: Leslie Meade <[email protected]>
Cc: "cisco-voip \([email protected]\)"
        <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] CUCM 10 Phones
Message-ID:
        <CAOMgg-LLysz=v0nYz3dELL2v=iaoV9EX_uzrm20gtOC9K28Z=q...@mail.gmail.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"

The SRND specifies the 7900 series phones are still considered collaboration
endpoints but doesn't indicate which models are allowed.


On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 6:28 AM, Leslie Meade <[email protected]> wrote:

>  I know that the 1st gen phones are end of life, but they should still 
> connect to a callmanager 10 environment ?
>
> I have a client that wants to upgrade the system, but at this time not 
> willing to upgrade the handsets.
>
> _______________________________________________
> cisco-voip mailing list
> [email protected]
> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip
>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:
<https://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-voip/attachments/20140306/f97ef344/
attachment-0001.html>

------------------------------

Message: 14
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2014 08:48:53 +0000
From: Matthew Collins <[email protected]>
To: James Buchanan <[email protected]>, Leslie Meade
        <[email protected]>
Cc: "cisco-voip \([email protected]\)"
        <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] CUCM 10 Phones
Message-ID:
        
<1D89CCC3241F774EA55C1FCF4564973A10381277@BSMAIL001.blocksolutions.local>
        
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"

Hi Leslie,

Below is a screen shot from the insert 79XX phone page from 10.0.(1)

[cid:[email protected]]

Regards

Matthew

? BLOCK ?
Cisco Global EMEAR Partner of the Year 2013

From: cisco-voip [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of
James Buchanan
Sent: 06 March 2014 04:45
To: Leslie Meade
Cc: cisco-voip ([email protected])
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] CUCM 10 Phones

The SRND specifies the 7900 series phones are still considered collaboration
endpoints but doesn't indicate which models are allowed.

On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 6:28 AM, Leslie Meade
<[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:
I know that the 1st gen phones are end of life, but they should still
connect to a callmanager 10 environment ?
I have a client that wants to upgrade the system, but at this time not
willing to upgrade the handsets.

_______________________________________________
cisco-voip mailing list
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:
<https://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-voip/attachments/20140306/16d84f7a/
attachment-0001.html>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: image001.jpg
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 29587 bytes
Desc: image001.jpg
URL:
<https://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-voip/attachments/20140306/16d84f7a/
attachment-0001.jpg>

------------------------------

Message: 15
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2014 07:13:05 -0500
From: "Jason Aarons (AM)" <[email protected]>
To: Matthew Collins <[email protected]>, James Buchanan
        <[email protected]>, Leslie Meade <[email protected]>
Cc: "cisco-voip \([email protected]\)"
        <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] CUCM 10 Phones
Message-ID:
        
<4e38db0a1959b04c8c83edcf069b53ed0d5f4ae...@usispclexdb01.na.didata.local>
        
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"

Do they have any VIP12 and VIP30s?

From: cisco-voip [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of
Matthew Collins
Sent: Thursday, March 06, 2014 3:49 AM
To: James Buchanan; Leslie Meade
Cc: cisco-voip ([email protected])
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] CUCM 10 Phones


Hi Leslie,

Below is a screen shot from the insert 79XX phone page from 10.0.(1)

[cid:[email protected]]

Regards

Matthew

? BLOCK ?
Cisco Global EMEAR Partner of the Year 2013

From: cisco-voip [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of
James Buchanan
Sent: 06 March 2014 04:45
To: Leslie Meade
Cc: cisco-voip
([email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>)
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] CUCM 10 Phones

The SRND specifies the 7900 series phones are still considered collaboration
endpoints but doesn't indicate which models are allowed.

On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 6:28 AM, Leslie Meade
<[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:
I know that the 1st gen phones are end of life, but they should still
connect to a callmanager 10 environment ?
I have a client that wants to upgrade the system, but at this time not
willing to upgrade the handsets.

_______________________________________________
cisco-voip mailing list
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip



itevomcid
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:
<https://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-voip/attachments/20140306/3532d7d6/
attachment-0001.html>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: image001.jpg
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 29587 bytes
Desc: image001.jpg
URL:
<https://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-voip/attachments/20140306/3532d7d6/
attachment-0001.jpg>

------------------------------

Message: 16
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2014 13:56:59 +0000
From: Daniel Pagan <[email protected]>
To: Leslie Meade <[email protected]>, "cisco-voip
        ([email protected])" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] CUCM 10 Phones
Message-ID:
        <a4f4beead515f947ac82d086a78c70f660989...@nyc-exch-mb01.fidelus.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"

You can use the following tool to view IP phone compatibility with a
selected version of CUCM:
http://tools.cisco.com/ITDIT/vtgsca/VTGServlet

The required firmware is listed beside each supported phone model.

Hope this helps.

- Daniel

From: cisco-voip [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of
Leslie Meade
Sent: Wednesday, March 05, 2014 11:29 PM
To: cisco-voip ([email protected])
Subject: [cisco-voip] CUCM 10 Phones

I know that the 1st gen phones are end of life, but they should still
connect to a callmanager 10 environment ?
I have a client that wants to upgrade the system, but at this time not
willing to upgrade the handsets.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:
<https://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-voip/attachments/20140306/583bb56f/
attachment-0001.html>

------------------------------

Subject: Digest Footer

_______________________________________________
cisco-voip mailing list
[email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip


------------------------------

End of cisco-voip Digest, Vol 125, Issue 5
******************************************

_______________________________________________
cisco-voip mailing list
[email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip

Reply via email to