Thanks, that did fix it

Jorge
On Mar 12, 2014, at 1:37 PM, Daniel Pagan 
<[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:

Jorge:

>From what I understand and have read, the telephoneNumber=* should 
>automatically filter NULL fields.

I cannot get your filter to work properly in my lab:
(&(objectclass=user)(!(objectclass=Computer))(objectclass=contact)(telephoneNumber=*))

Looking at the syntax of this filter, it seems we’re looking for objects that 
are both user and contact instead of users OR contacts. I’ve edited the filter 
to the following:

(&(|(objectclass=user)(objectclass=contact))(!(objectclass=Computer))(telephoneNumber=*))

I added this to my lab and it worked without issues – it’s basically allowing 
only user objects OR contacts where the telephone number field is populated. 
Both end users and contacts are imported with no problem using this in the lab. 
Removing the configured number in the telephone number field on the user object 
in AD results in an inactive user in CUCM after forcing another directory sync.

NOTE: Contact objects in Active Directory don’t have a sAMAccountName 
attribute, which is the default LDAP attribute used for end user User ID in 
CUCM. To pull in contacts, you’ll need this changed to something other than 
sAMAccountName, but changing this would also require that all LDAP directory 
synchronizations to be removed completely.

Hope this helps.

Daniel

From: cisco-voip [mailto:[email protected]]On Behalf Of Jorge 
L. Rodriguez Aguila
Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2014 10:19 AM
To: Cisco-Voip ([email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>)
Subject: [cisco-voip] Correct Filter Syntax Question

I am trying to build a filter so that users from AD who do not have a number on 
the telephoneNumber field of AD do not get pulled into AD.

I created this one but is not working, can someone tell me where I might be 
doing something wrong with the Filter

(&(objectclass=user)(!(objectclass=Computer))(objectclass=contact)(telephoneNumber=*))

Thanks in advance

Jorge Rodriguez - CCNP, CCNP-Voice
Senior Voice/Data Consultant
Netxar Technologies
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
787-765-0058 X2044
787-688-8530

_______________________________________________
cisco-voip mailing list
[email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip

Reply via email to