Haven't seen a license file do that before. New licenses should be appended to your current counts.
Prime License Manager added a new feature where you can view the contents of a license file by running "license file diagnose"- http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/plm/10_0_1/CPLM_BK_U7066CD8_00_user-guide-rel-10-0-1/CPLM_BK_U7066CD8_00_user-guide-rel-10-0-1_appendix_0111.html#CPLM_RF_L1C4AAF1_00 Brian On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 2:17 PM, Lelio Fulgenzi <[email protected]> wrote: > Thanks Matt, > > It looks like the new license file they sent me replaced the original. > > I'm guessing there are some flags in the license file that do that? > > If I buy 10 more user licenses, I'm guessing the license file I receive > will be an "append" type? > > Is there a tool we can use to review the binary license files? At least > previously, I could read the files, compare them to what I asked for before > loading them. > > > Lelio > > > --- > Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A. > Senior Analyst, Network Infrastructure > Computing and Communications Services (CCS) > University of Guelph > > 519‐824‐4120 Ext 56354 > [email protected] > www.uoguelph.ca/ccs > Room 037, Animal Science and Nutrition Building > Guelph, Ontario, N1G 2W1 > > ------------------------------ > *From: *"Matt Taber (mtaber)" <[email protected]> > *To: *"Brian Meade" <[email protected]> > *Cc: *"Lelio Fulgenzi" <[email protected]>, "cisco-voip" < > [email protected]> > *Sent: *Wednesday, April 16, 2014 2:03:08 PM > > *Subject: *Re: [cisco-voip] is there a way to remove a file from Cisco > ELM v9.0(2)SU1? > > At this time the procedure provided by Brian is the only method in which > to remove an existing license file association under ELM. > > The following enhancement defect has been opened with regard to the > ability to manually remove the license file itself under the ELM instance: > > https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCud93951 > > > Regards, > > Matt > > On Apr 16, 2014, at 12:57 PM, Brian Meade wrote: > > I've never seen them use a "revoke" file. > > What I would do is run that command to put it back in demo mode and have > licensing give a single license file with all of your current licenses. > > Brian > > > On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 1:53 PM, Lelio Fulgenzi <[email protected]> wrote: > >> >> So there's no way to load the "revoke" file the licensing team sends? >> >> I really don't like the idea of a license file hanging around. :( >> >> Lelio >> >> Sent from my iPhone >> >> On 2014-04-16, at 1:42 PM, Brian Meade <[email protected]> wrote: >> >> This is the only way right now- >> http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-communications-licensing/116289-problem-cucm-00.html >> >> >> >> >> On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 1:16 PM, Lelio Fulgenzi <[email protected]>wrote: >> >>> >>> So the licensing team cut the license file incorrectly. Is there a way >>> to remove the file? Or is it going to require TAC remote assistance? >>> >>> Just wondering. >>> >>> Lelio >>> >>> >>> --- >>> Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A. >>> Senior Analyst, Network Infrastructure >>> Computing and Communications Services (CCS) >>> University of Guelph >>> >>> 519‐824‐4120 Ext 56354 >>> [email protected] >>> www.uoguelph.ca/ccs >>> Room 037, Animal Science and Nutrition Building >>> Guelph, Ontario, N1G 2W1 >>> >>> >>> _______________________________________________ >>> cisco-voip mailing list >>> [email protected] >>> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip >>> >>> >> > _______________________________________________ > cisco-voip mailing list > [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip > > > >
_______________________________________________ cisco-voip mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip
