Tim,

 

I did the migration few days ago and used the following steps without issue and 
converted very quickly

 

1)      Built 8.0.3 on VMware

2)      DRS from production and rehosted license

3)      Upgraded to 8.6

4)      Ran message shuttle prior to cut over

5)      Cut system over during the day

6)      Ran message shuttle again to clean up any missed files

 

 

 

From: cisco-voip [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Tim 
Frazee
Sent: Friday, July 18, 2014 11:52 AM
To: Mike
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] Unity Connection 8.0.3 to 8.6

 

I beleive Unity Connection 8.0(3) is supported in vmware. you could install 
that on your image, perform a restore, fix your licensing, then upgrade to 8.6 
in place.

OR

as Mike suggested,

upgrade on MCS to 8.6, get your license happy (which it likely will be since 
8.0 to 8.6 is a free upgrade i believe) then DRS from MCS to UCS

ive done both methods. it all depends on which method works best with your 
timelines.

 

On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 10:38 AM, Mike <[email protected]> wrote:

Pat,

 

This is exactly what I’m looking for

 

Thanks!

 

From: cisco-voip [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Pat 
Hayes
Sent: Thursday, July 03, 2014 5:07 PM
To: Mike
Cc: [email protected]


Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] Unity Connection 8.0.3 to 8.6

 

COBRAS can restore to any release greater than or equal to the backed-up 
version. It'll capture your users, call handlers, and distribution lists. It 
doesn't move system configuration stuff. 

 

As long as you can live with manually configuring that part, it can be a real 
headache saver when you have to change both platforms and versions. It gives 
you the flexibility to build, configure, and test things in advance of your 
cutover. At the cutover, all you have to do is change your pilots and run the 
Connection Message Shuttle tool to copy over any messages that have come in 
since your backup was taken - way less stress :-)

 

Check out the COBRAS help file for more specifics on what is/isn't captured:

http://ciscounitytools.com/Applications/General/COBRAS/Help/COBRAS_Briefcase/COBRAS_Briefcase.htm

 

also, details on the Message Shuttle tool:

http://ciscounitytools.com/Applications/CxN/MessageShuttle/MessageShuttle.html

 

On Wed, Jul 2, 2014 at 10:06 AM, Mike <[email protected]> wrote:

Tim,

 

We have to do the upgrade , move to VMware and IP address change all in a small 
window.

 

That's why I want to use cobras

Sent from my iPhone


On Jul 2, 2014, at 9:26 AM, Tim Smith <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi Mike,

 

Is it Unity Connection 8.0.3 to Unity Connection 8.6.2(a)?

Cant you just upgrade it in place?

 

Cheers,

 

Tim.

 

From: Mike <[email protected]>
Date: Wednesday, 2 July 2014 23:22
To: Tim Smith <[email protected]>, "[email protected]" 
<[email protected]>
Subject: RE: [cisco-voip] Unity Connection 8.0.3 to 8.6

 

Tim.

 

I want to jump to 8.6.2(a) with minimal steps and I was hoping I could export 
from 8.0.3 and import to 8.6.2(a) is that not possible?

 

 

Thanks,

Mike

 

From: cisco-voip [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Tim 
Smith
Sent: Monday, June 30, 2014 6:02 PM
To: Mike O; [email protected]
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] Unity Connection 8.0.3 to 8.6

 

Hi Mike,

 

Just to understand, what are you trying to gain by using COBRAS?

Maybe a phased migration of users?

 

Why not just the straight DRS server replacement method below?

You would only have a small window between when you take backup and when you 
get restored version online where voicemails would not be taken.

 

Is it a HA pair or just single box?

The other method with HA is to setup a new box and let it replicate.

 

All the details on the server replacement are here

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/upgrade/guide/8xcucrugx/8xcucrug040.html

 

 

Cheers,

 

Tim

 

 

From: cisco-voip [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Mike O
Sent: Tuesday, 1 July 2014 12:27 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [cisco-voip] Unity Connection 8.0.3 to 8.6

 

I have to move from an MCS to  UCS in VMware and wondered if I could cut some 
steps using Cobras.
 
I could build same version in VMware with the same IP address then DRS , change 
IP address then upgrade to 8.6.
 
With Cobras I should be able to build 8.6 with new IP address on UCS and then 
export from 8.0.3 and import to 8.6
 
But..what am I losing using Cobras?
 
Thanks,
Mike

_______________________________________________
cisco-voip mailing list
[email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip


_______________________________________________
cisco-voip mailing list
[email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip

 


_______________________________________________
cisco-voip mailing list
[email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip

 

_______________________________________________
cisco-voip mailing list
[email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip

Reply via email to