Hi all,

I have two translation pattern within the same partition (cucm 9.x).

They are:

1XXX
1!

When an incoming call from external sip gateway comes in with called number
(say) 1234, the matched translation is 1!.

At first, I thought that 1!, being less specific than 1XXX, should not
being matched.

Reading through Cisco Collaboration System 9.x Solution Reference Network
Designs (SRND)
<http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/collab09/clb09/dialplan.html>,
I saw this:

When determining the number of matched strings for a variable-length
> pattern, Unified CM takes into account only the number of matched strings
> that are equal in length to the number of digits dialed. Assuming a user
> dials 1311 and we have patterns 1XXX, 1[2-3]XX, and 13!, the following
> table shows the number of matched strings of these potentially matching
> patterns....*In this example the variable-length pattern 13! is selected
> as the best match*.

Changing temporarily the translation pattern with a leading # and then
going back to the original form, the pattern 1XXX started to be matched.

What do you think, guys? is this a bug or are 1! and 1XXX equal-precision
matches from cucm point of view?

Thank you