Honestly, go find yourself some old Adtran Atlas gear.  It’s ideal for this
sort of thing and can emulate everything perfectly (ISDN BRI, PRI, T1, even
T.120 data ISDN).

From: cisco-voip [mailto:cisco-voip-boun...@puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of Tom
Storey
Sent: Monday, January 12, 2015 12:19 PM
To: cisco-voip@puck.nether.net
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] PSTN network emulation for voice and data

Cross posting from cisco-nsp, as there may be more people in the know about the
inner workings of this kind of thing over here. :-)

On 12 January 2015 at 06:02, Tom Storey <t...@snnap.net<mailto:t...@snnap.net>>
wrote:

Hi everyone.

I'm looking at putting together a box with some PRI, BRI and FXS interfaces to
act as an "exchange in a box."

Cisco has a 2 port BRI VIC that can do network emulation (VIC2-2BRI-NT/TE) but
I need some help to clarify a point.

It seems that this VIC can be used to allow you to connect terminal equipment,
which I guess could include a router with another BRI VIC, and place voice
calls between the two devices. But, could I take something like a WIC-1B-S/T
and connect it to this VIC to place data calls between a router and an access
server?

Has anyone tried this, or does anyone simply know if it won't work and I'd be
wasting my time/money? Perhaps I would have to configure the BRI to do DoV to
work?

Thanks
Tom