I friggin' hate dial-peer 0; that is for dang sure. When doing "sh dialplan num 
XXXXXXXXXX" it pops the first peer I expect it to.

That is a good thought; worth a little research on. Maybe I use a peer with an 
exact match pattern; maybe that will do something different.

Thanks for that, new angle and I like it.

Thanks,

Ryan


From: [email protected]
To: [email protected]; [email protected]
CC: [email protected]
Date: Wed, 6 May 2015 15:24:19 -0700
Subject: RE: [cisco-voip] Codec negotiation issue, a little strange

I have vague recollections of similar issues when an incoming call wasn’t 
properly matching a dial peer – it was hitting a “default” which I believe was 
g.729. I’d verify it’s actually hitting the dial-peer you think it should be. 
From: cisco-voip [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Ryan 
Huff
Sent: Wednesday, May 6, 2015 5:15 PM
To: Brian Meade
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] Codec negotiation issue, a little strange I'll do 
some testing after hours. When the client reported the issue, I just threw a 
transcoder in the MRGL for the SIP trunk in call manager to 'plug the leak'.

I'll let you know what I find and/or if I can find out if CUSP is screwing with 
me.

Thanks,

RyanDate: Wed, 6 May 2015 17:54:57 -0400
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] Codec negotiation issue, a little strange
From: [email protected]
To: [email protected]
CC: [email protected] doesn't change SDP info and CUSP might not 
either, don't remember.  Can you run "debug ccsip messages" on the H.323 GW to 
see if it's offering anything other than G.711ulaw in the Invite to CUSP?  If 
it's only G.711 there, it must be getting changed by CUSP.  I'm not familiar 
enough with it to know what to check though. On Wed, May 6, 2015 at 5:40 PM, 
Ryan Huff <[email protected]> wrote:I have a situation, where, in some case 
the ingress pstn call leg is trying to use g.729 (when there is nothing in the 
gateway that would indicate it's preference).

Call path when G729 is negotiated:

PSTN -> h.323(PRI) dial-peer match -> SIP trunk to Unified Proxy Server - > SIP 
Customer Voice Portal -> SIP To vXML Server -> Send SIP invite to call manager 
and the SDP contains G729

Call path when G711 is negotiated:

PSTN - >h .323(PRI) dial-peer match -> CCM -> ring phone

- The gateway and IP phone are in the same region and the region is related to 
itself with G711.
- The region of the DP of the SIP trunk is related to the region of the gateway 
and the region of the phone with G711
- The voice class codec on the router only has g711 set as the 1st preference
- The matched dial-peer (h.323) for the SIP trunk to CUSP is specifying the 
voice class codec correctly
- The IP phone is a 7962/42

My question is how and why is the far end negotiating G729? This site does have 
limited CIR (10 Mbps) and the CVP/vXML servers are in a different geographic 
location than the gateway/IP phone.

My thought is that since the IP phone can negotiate G.729, it could be a 
bandwidth thing where it is just choosing to use the lower bandwidth codec BUT 
the invite to CCM is coming from CVP. The SDP in the invite shows G729.

Content-Type: application/sdp
App-Info: <vXMLVoiceServerIPAddress:8000:8443>
v=0
o=CiscoSystemsSIP-GW-UserAgent 7410 5486 IN IP4 GatewayIpAddress
s=SIP Call
c=IN IP4 GatewayIpAddress
t=0 0
m=audio 19808 RTP/AVP 0 18 100 101
c=IN IP4 GatewayIpAddress
a=rtpmap:0 PCMU/8000
a=rtpmap:18 G729/8000
a=fmtp:18 annexb=yes
a=rtpmap:100 X-NSE/8000
a=fmtp:100 192-194
a=rtpmap:101 telephone-event/8000
a=fmtp:101 0-16


_______________________________________________
cisco-voip mailing list
[email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip                             
          
_______________________________________________
cisco-voip mailing list
[email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip

Reply via email to