Hi Jon,

Continuous ring voltage is a bit interesting. Have you ruled out L1 / cabling 
issue?


Next best approach is to get the telco to supply correct/consistent ring 
cadence for the region - these vary around the world with US defaulting to 2 on 
4 off, IIRC.

After that it gets advanced, and unusual.
Since you give the UCM version I’m assuming this is MGCP. With the ports under 
MGCP control there isn’t much you can do. Possibly select a different locale in 
UCM? This *might* affect the ring voltage detection by passing a different 
CPTone command to the router.

If you use the router in H.323 or SIP where the router directly controls the 
port then you can use more advanced IOS features to control the port like 
CPtone and customized ring voltage. 

In my experience advanced and custom features like FXO detecting distinctive 
rings, as a means of providing out of band information, don’t get very robust 
support.

-Wes

On May 6, 2015, at 7:58 PM, Jon Shay <[email protected]> wrote:

I have an interesting issue with an FXS line provided by Verizon where the line 
provides a continuous ring instead of a cadence (for lack of a better term). 
I've verified this with a test set. The problem this is causing is the FXO port 
does not want to pick up the line since the ringing never stops. I guess it's 
interpreting the ring as an off-hook condition instead.

Aside from contacting Verizon to resolve the ring cadence is there anything on 
my side that I can do to get the port to understand what to do? Running UCM 9.x 
on Cisco 3945 with a EM-HDA-6FXO card on a slot on a EVM-HD-8FXS/DID.

--
Jon
_______________________________________________
cisco-voip mailing list
[email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip

_______________________________________________
cisco-voip mailing list
[email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip

Reply via email to