I'm looking for some guides/sample code for using JTAPI besides the Cisco JTAPI Developers Guides (http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/jtapi_dev/8_6_1/jtapidevguide.pdf).

Specifically what I want to do is invoke the startMonitoring JTAPI function for a target DN when that DN is on a call and a supervisor DN is not on a call.

I was able to get as far as invoking monitoring, but can't seem to determine if a DN is on a call in a useful way that monitoring can be invoked based on the result. I can see the status of the call, but can't pass that value outside of the method that sees the status.

The purpose of this application is to allow supervisors to monitor their agents without needing to deploy MediaSense with a 3rd party add on, or upgrading to Finesse at this time. CAD 8.5.4 ES4 for UCCE seems to fail more than 50% of the time while attempting to locate its VoIP monitor servers during start up of Cisco Agent Desktop, when this occurs silent monitoring does not function.

I would also be interested in hearing any reviews of agent monitoring products (open source or commercial) that make use of the built in bridge for agent monitoring. As well as reviews of Finesse under UCCE and its integrated silent monitoring.

Thanks,
Gentoo