Hi Ryan, Sorry to dig up an old thread, Everything got put on hold over Christmas and the new year, but can I ask what your less elegant solution was?
Regards Matthew Collins From: Matthew Collins Sent: 22 December 2015 14:20 To: 'Ryan Huff' <[email protected]> Cc: [email protected] Subject: RE: [cisco-voip] Filtering out specific number from Jabber Thanks Ryan, Only using UDS so end users get the same experience on premise or working Via MRA. UDS is the only supported directory lookup via MRA Unless something has changed that I missed. So I'm working remotely signing in Via MRA, Running Jabber for windows 11.2. I added the following <Directory> <MobilePhone>telephoneNumber</MobilePhone> <BDIMobilePhone>telephoneNumber</BDIMobilePhone> </Directory> into my local jabber-config-user.xml that I use for testing xml settings that's stored in .....\AppData\Roaming\Cisco\Unified Communications\Jabber\CSF\Config This should of changed all mobile numbers to the users work numbers. I reset Jabber and searched for a user that's not a stored user either in my address book or a jabber contact but the mobile numbers are still being pulled through. Regards Matthew Collins From: Ryan Huff [mailto:[email protected]] Sent: 22 December 2015 13:38 To: Matthew Collins <[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>> Cc: [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]> Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] Filtering out specific number from Jabber When using UDS, Jabber doesn't query LDAP. It uses an API on CUCM and is limited to data held in the End Use Table of CUCM's database. You should still be able to use the config file to redirect field mapping within the Jabber client. I seem to recall making this work before. Let me know your results, if it still doesn't work and you are still married to UDS. I do have another, much less elegant solution -but it works. Or, consider EDI. Thanks, Ryan On Dec 22, 2015, at 8:20 AM, Matthew Collins <[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>> wrote: Hi Ryan, I was under the impression that you could only manipulate feild mappings when using BDI or EDI, I didn't think that you could with UDS. I'll give it a test. Regards Matthew Collins From: Ryan Huff [mailto:[email protected]] Sent: 22 December 2015 13:02 To: Matthew Collins <[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>> Cc: [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]> Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] Filtering out specific number from Jabber Hey Matthew, You cannot remove the presence of the field from the Jabber client (i.e hide), but you can control the value of the field via jabber-config.xml. So while "home phone" displays in the client, you could map it to another (blank) field. Check out the Jabber xml generator if you have not already, https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/106926/jabber-config-file-generator Thanks, Ryan Sent from my iPad On Dec 22, 2015, at 6:54 AM, Matthew Collins <[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>> wrote: Hi All, Is there a way to filter out specify AD fields that the CUCM imports from AD, For Example AD contains Home telephone and we want to keep that in there as other applications need it but we don't want it to appear in the CUCM end users contact from either the phone or Jabber. I know for Jabber we could use EDS/BDS and map the fields to null but we want to stick with UDS for Jabber so the users have the same experience internally and via edge. Thanks in advance Matt _______________________________________________ cisco-voip mailing list [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip
_______________________________________________ cisco-voip mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip
