I'm working on packaging Cucilync 11.6.0 so it will work with the new Skype for business client. we are using windows 7 64bit, but the skype client is 32bit. I've never really dealt with installing Jabber (since we use Lync mostly) and I'm having a tough time understanding the boot process for the new Cucilync. I understand that after v9, cucilync has the ability to find the cluster with DNS SRV records. I have this part working... I think. I can see the DNS request hit the wire with a packet capture and my cucilync properly registers in softphone mode. When i change the device pool of the CSF, the registration follows to the correct sub (something that the old version did not do in our environment).
I've set up a new service profile and created profiles for VM, mailstore, CTI... I've also applied this to my end user settings. I also created a new cucilync-config.xml file and uploaded it to TFTP. I installed cucilync with the switch to recognize this new xml file. The xml file has a couple of policy settings, like "not docked." That's the whole point of this exercise, people hate the new docking UI and I need to get rid of it. I'm sure there are more issues at hand here, but I can't drag a call from skype to cucilync. My first thoughts were that CTI is not working, but that's just a guess. I started plowing through the files in the %appdata%\cisco\Unified Communications\Jabber\CSF\Config\ folder, and now I'm even more confused. I see OLD data (i deleted all of the registry entries as well as all files and directories from 8.6). i know this is old data because I'm taking this opportunity to point the cucilync instances to our new tftp servers... they were previously installed to point to a set of 3 TFTP servers, that's not the current config. Am I over thinking this? Have I missed something dumb and obvious? Is there a decent document on how the app is supposed to boot? Finding stuff on cucilync is rough, it feels like cucilync doesn't even exist since everything is referred to as Jabber. Thanks for listening to me brain dump :) Nick
_______________________________________________ cisco-voip mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip
