Netxar Technologies
7876888530
jorge.rodrig...@netxar.com<mailto:jorge.rodrig...@netxar.com>

On Aug 28, 2016, at 12:11 PM, Ankur Srivastava
<ansrivast...@linkedin.com<mailto:ansrivast...@linkedin.com>> wrote:

Hi Jorge,

We have done exactly the same thing in our environment. Had to add the new Dx80
device type and also install the SU3a service pack. Since it was a new device
type, we didn't have any urgency to get it working. we installed the device
pack mid week and then did the upgrade the next weekend after which everything
worked perfect!!

Regards,
Ankur

Please ignore typos, sent from my phone.

From: cisco-voip
<cisco-voip-boun...@puck.nether.net<mailto:cisco-voip-boun...@puck.nether.net><mailto:cisco-voip-boun...@puck.nether.net<mailto:cisco-voip-boun...@puck.nether.net>>>
 on behalf of Jorge L. Rodriguez Aguila
<jorge.rodrig...@netxar.com<mailto:jorge.rodrig...@netxar.com><mailto:jorge.rodrig...@netxar.com<mailto:jorge.rodrig...@netxar.com>>>
Sent: Sunday, August 28, 2016 9:35 AM
To: Cisco-Voip
Subject: [cisco-voip] CUCM Cluster SU install + device Package

We are going to be performing an update to the latest SU on a CUCM 10.5 cluster
soon. The latest Patch was released on Jun 2016 while the latest device package
is from August. My main question is, Can I run the Device Package Installer,
not reboot the cluster, perform update and do the switch version? Will I have
do do them separately? I'm trying to avoid having to do two cluster reboots
since this is a 24/7 Operation and we scheduled a six hour window for the
upgrade on a 5 CUCM/ 2 CUC Cluster

Jorge Rodriguez, CCNP, CCNP-V
Senior Voice/Data Network Consultant
Netxar Technologies, a Digicel Company