From: cisco-voip [] On Behalf Of Mark
Sent: October-12-16 2:39 PM
To: voip puck <>
Subject: [cisco-voip] Cisco and Lync/Skype with Media Bypass

This is more of a Microsoft question but I’ve searched everywhere and cannot
find an answer. I’m currently working on a design to integrate CUCM and Skype
for Biz. The Skype client will have media bypass enabled. All the Lync/Skype
capacity calculators and TechNet articles talk about how many calls a Mediation
server can handle when media is anchored. With media bypass only SIP signaling
will pass through the Mediation server. There are no published numbers on how
many concurrent SIP signaling only calls a mediation server can handle.
Everything just reference “many more calls” but no ball park numbers. If anyone
has info that would be great.