The because thing is understanding what PVDM's are being used to drive that 
circuit. If the module has its own PVDM's, then it will use them and 
subsequently clocking. If it has to use the chassis based PVDM's, then it will 
use the global clocking/pvdm domain. This applies to the ISRG1/G2's. the 4xxx's 
are a treat to themselves.

From: cisco-voip [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Adam 
Piasecki
Sent: Friday, November 04, 2016 3:39 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [cisco-voip] Clarify Network Clock Select

I found this post by ccie15672 in 2008..

"There is one PLL on the motherboard, called the network-clock.  Modules on 
your router may participate in this clocking scheme or not.  Some have to, 
because they don't have their own PLLs/clocks on-board.  When you need/want a 
module to participate in the network clock, you use the network-clock-select 
command.  You select the master clock with the network-clock-select command.  
You can choose multiple master clocks and order them by priority.  Only one is 
active at a time."

Assuming my ISR primary clock source is the telco PRI. My question is I have 
another T1 PRI I am PROVIDING clock too (Clock source Internal), I would never 
add that T1 to the network-clock-select command. As I am not trying to receive 
clock from it, but rather send it.

The remote side would use network-clock-select to get clocking from my T1.

Thanks,
Adam

_______________________________________________
cisco-voip mailing list
[email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip

Reply via email to