Thanks! I'll try to find the maintenance doc for my version. In this instance, I had to shut down my guests so I could upgrade cimc, bios, firmware and esxi drivers.
I restarted C-pri, C-sec, E-pri, E-sec. I waited until the login prompt plus a bit before start the subsequent host. I'm not aware of a "utils services list" equiv for expressway. But maybe the docs will help. Anyways, the zone peers would not come up until I restarted the C servers. Sent from my iPhone On Sep 21, 2017, at 6:15 PM, Matt Jacobson <[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>> wrote: I've never seen any documentation that is specific about shutdown order etc. There are also 3 different restart options for Expressway/VCS -- restart, reboot, or power down. There is also series of guides for cluster maintenance under deployment guides, which may be helpful for you. https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/expressway/config_guide/X8-10/Cisco-Expressway-Cluster-Creation-and-Maintenance-Deployment-Guide-X8-10.pdf Aside from upgrades, the few times I've had to do something like this was restarting Expressways to clear software errors. I did the primary, then secondary nodes once the primary was back online. This is also the order suggested for upgrades. I personally do not see any value in doing one cluster before the other, but most of the deployments I see are the simple and supported ones. On Thu, Sep 21, 2017 at 3:32 PM, Lelio Fulgenzi <[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>> wrote: Just wondering what people are doing when they need to restart their expressway cluster? Since C is the one initiating the connection to E, and because the primary is reaching out to subscribers, I'm thinking: Shutdown Order C primary C subscribers E primary E subscribers (Re)Start Up Order E subscribers E primary C subscribers C primary Thoughts? --- Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A. Senior Analyst, Network Infrastructure Computing and Communications Services (CCS) University of Guelph 519-824-4120 Ext 56354<tel:519-824-4120%20Ext%2056354> [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]> www.uoguelph.ca/ccs<http://www.uoguelph.ca/ccs> Room 037, Animal Science and Nutrition Building Guelph, Ontario, N1G 2W1 _______________________________________________ cisco-voip mailing list [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip
_______________________________________________ cisco-voip mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip
