That's pretty close to accurate Matt. When we first started working on Kari's
Law, the main priority was to remove the necessity of dialing any trunk access
code in order to get to 911. That all started due to the death of Kari Hunt in
Texas when she was being stabbed by her soon to be ex husband and Kari's 9 year
old daughter was trying to dial 911 from the hotel phone and did not know she
needed to dial 9 first to get out. She tried 4 times and finally grabbed her
siblings and ran for help.

The onsite notification piece was written so that if someone in a hotel dialed
911, the call would go directly to 911, but alert the front desk that "hey,
room 301 just dialed 911" type of events. A lot of hotels used to tell people
to dial something internally instead of dialing 911 and that call would go to
theo hotel operator or the front desk instead of 911. Problem was, smaller
hotels, middle of the night, one guy working the front desk and steps away from
the desk. This requirement obviously extended to any MLTS system to provide on
site notification.

And the third point of the law was basically to avoid that similar front desk
experience. If someone dials 911, the calls should go to a fully trained and
certified 911 call handler, not the dude at the front desk.

My company spent quite a bit of time working on and promoting Kari's law. The
Hunt family are now very dear personal friends of ours.

Since we are on this topic of 911, if anyone would like to have a discussion
with me on what some of the other vendors are trying to get into law that would
end up costing every customer out there TONS of money to support, please reach
out to me. I think it is important that everyone understand what some of these
guys are trying to do that is only going to end up costing the customers a TON
of money to implement.

Regards,

Tim

Tim Kenyon, ENP
President
Conveyant Systems, Inc.
Suwanee, GA 30043
770-339-1085
tken...@conveyant.com<mailto:kk...@conveyant.com>

This Email and any documents accompanying this Email contain information from
Conveyant Systems, Inc. which is confidential and/or privileged. The
information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named on
this Email. If you are not the intended recipient; you are hereby notified that
any disclosure, copying, distribution or the taking of any action in reliance
on the contents of this Email information is strictly prohibited.