As partner and participant in the CUWP licensing program, I am technically 
required to have our internal system on the latest software versions.

We usually update within a month or so of release depending on integration 
compatibilities.

We’ve since done a few clients as well. I’m not sure what Brandon was referring 
to with the daredevils comment. The biggest pain for us is and will be the 
licensing conversion. Finding and converting years of PAK keys into one smart 
licensing account can be a pain. I will say our installs are fairly simple, 
BE6K, maybe some UCCX and that’s it.

The actual upgrades have been painless and just the same as any previous ones.

As far as actual phone features goes, I feel like there is just a little bit 
every time now.  A .0 or a .5 seem to have the same amount of changes. It’s 
only a historical association that makes folks recoil.  I just did a quick 
comparison of the 11.5 and 12.0 Release notes and they have nearly the same 
amount of listed new features/changes.

HTH



Matthew Loraditch
Sr. Network Engineer
p: 443.541.1518
w: www.heliontechnologies.com | e: [email protected]
From: cisco-voip <[email protected]> On Behalf Of Ray Maslanka
Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2018 12:19 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [cisco-voip] CSR 12 Experiences

I'm hoping those of you that have been upgrading to and running CUCM 12.0 can 
share your experiences here.

What did you learn during the upgrade process?  What issues are you still 
battling?  What drove you to version 12? What were the pleasant surprises?  Why 
didn't you upgrade to 12 yet?

Brandon Ta at CLUS 2018 referred to those running 12 already as "daredevils" 
and while I am generally opposed to deploying .0 releases, CSR 12.5 may still 
be relatively far out on the horizon.  It would benefit the community if we 
might share experiences here.

There is not much banter on the Cisco support forums or communities and the 
release note caveats and bug tracker responses seem generally manageable.  The 
real life pro tips are always in the comments section though.

Thanks all.
_______________________________________________
cisco-voip mailing list
[email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip

Reply via email to