I hear ya. I’ll probably take the external DNS approach to be safe. From
everything I read, it didn’t seem to hurt if you had the _collab-edge SRV
record in the internal database, but I could have missed something.

By ‘connect directly’ I was wondering whether or not the roomkit would try to
resolve the _cisco-uds SRV records and connect directly to cucm without going
through expressway. Same way Jabber behaves.

I’ll start with enduser and test with appuser. But you’re likely right.

-sent from mobile device-

Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A. | Senior Analyst
Room 037 Animal Science & Nutrition Bldg | 50 Stone Rd E | Guelph, ON | N1G
2W1<x-apple-data-detectors://1/0>
519-824-4120 Ext. 56354<tel:519-824-4120;56354> |
le...@uoguelph.ca<mailto:le...@uoguelph.ca>

www.uoguelph.ca/ccs<http://www.uoguelph.ca/ccs> | @UofGCCS on Instagram,
Twitter and Facebook

On Sep 13, 2018, at 8:32 PM, Matthew Loraditch
<mloradi...@heliontechnologies.com<mailto:mloradi...@heliontechnologies.com>>
wrote:

_cisco-uds is for internal dns only, _collab-edge is for external only you
don’t want either in the other. If you have Jabber MRA working, this should
work and no changes needed that I can recall. You will want it to have external
dns servers. It sounds like you are testing in some sort of DMZ outside but not
totally outside your network.

Not sure what you mean by try to connect directly, it only knows what to try
once you put the domain in. Jabber only knows because you put in your username
at some point.

The user needs to be an end-user I’m pretty certain.

Matthew Loraditch​
Sr. Network Engineer

p: 443.541.1518<tel:443.541.1518>

w: www.heliontechnologies.com<http://www.heliontechnologies.com/>        |