From: Charles Goldsmith <wo...@justfamily.org>
Date: Wednesday, March 20, 2019 at 5:00 PM
To: Parker Pearson - Donoma <par...@donomasoftware.com>
Cc: Lisa Notarianni <lisa.notaria...@scranton.edu>,
"cisco-voip@puck.nether.net" <cisco-voip@puck.nether.net>
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] Softphones

Jabber multi-line is there, you need 11.5.1su3 or higher and a cop file, IIRC.

And it works nicely.

On Wed, Mar 20, 2019 at 3:55 PM Parker Pearson - Donoma
<par...@donomasoftware.com<mailto:par...@donomasoftware.com>> wrote:
Speaking as an end user – our geo-diverse team uses Cisco softphone
functionality heavily.  I’d go so far as to say I could not do my job without
it.  I work from a home office and I travel.  My company did not have to buy a
handset for me to have in my home office, (Thereby saving a decent chunk of
change) and when I shut my laptop at night, I don’t have to hear it ring.

I really loved the old Cisco IP Communicator.  It had the familiar phone look I
could keep open on a second screen, and here’s the kicker… it provided
multi-line support.  Now I use Jabber as my softphone, and it does a decent
job… except that missing second line.  Not having that is killin’ me smalls!  ☺

Cisco keeps promising this feature (CiscoLive 2017 and 18) but I haven’t seen
it yet.  Our support staff knows how bad some of us need that second line
feature – I am confident they would not have kept it a secret if it showed up
in 12.

We noticed some weird interoperability on single number reach and running
Jabber on multiple devices.  If you as the user weren’t super careful about
close the apps out (hard to remember when you run iOS for example) then call
functionality went sideways in unpredictable ways.

Hope that gives you some input from the UX side of things.

Cheers,
Parker Pearson

[Donoma Software Web Page]<http://donomasoftware.com/>

Parker

Pearson

Vice President, Marketing & Business Development

Donoma Software

1750 Kraft Dr. Suite 1200 Blacksburg, VA 24060

t: 540.443.3577<tel:540.443.3577>

e: par...@donomasoftware.com<mailto:par...@donomasoftware.com>

w: www.donomasoftware.com<http://www.donomasoftware.com/>

[Facebook]<https://www.facebook.com/DonomaSoftware>

[Twitter]<https://twitter.com/donomasoftware>

[LinkedIn]<https://www.linkedin.com/company/donoma-software>

The information transmitted, including attachments, is intended only for the
person(s) or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential
use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or
in error, please contact the sender and destroy any copies of this information.​

From: cisco-voip
<cisco-voip-boun...@puck.nether.net<mailto:cisco-voip-boun...@puck.nether.net>>
on behalf of Lisa Notarianni
<lisa.notaria...@scranton.edu<mailto:lisa.notaria...@scranton.edu>>