Regarding the SU release cycle, I believe I have heard similar claims before
about cadence and committal to move forward and not maintain old code but I'll
believe it when I see it.

Regarding the cloud services, we're being asked to look too like many shops.
I'm struggling to find the real advantage to doing so, other than for the sake
of it. Most of our customers treat our service like a utility, and if we have
issues we are on it right away. Some don't really care, and that number grows a
bit year over year. No one plans for continuing operations if there are
interruptions, and if we ride over the commercial internet and lose that
service as well people will freak out being cut off.

I'm still trying to work an angle to shift us internally towards user
centricity a bit better. Get accounts for everyone, assign and track resources,
one mailbox, etc. In trying to eliminate the old square/key PBX feel we built
12 years ago out of this system (to replace so many of those ancient key
systems), I'm hoping I can set us up to go forward into telephony applications,
user focused services like Teams, etc which will make the pain easier. That
would also let us get a better grasp on the classes of service that are going
to form between the mission-critical and the yeah-it-would-be-nice-but-I-don't
really-care, which can steer what runs prem or with fallback, and what runs
hosted/cloud/out-of-my-hands.

Only real scare with a lot of these services is the lack of interface and
access for someone like myself who likes APIs, who likes to tinker and build
solutions and systems, instead of operating products.

Adam Pawlowski
SUNYAB NCS