Thank you for taking the time to respond Tim. You have provided me with a clearer insight into the passage, and I am now in agreement with your explanation.
On Wed, Sep 18, 2019 at 10:29 AM Tim Smith <[email protected]> wrote: > This looks to be specific to re-broadcasting (which I haven’t had the > pleasure of playing with yet) > > > > Looking at the diagram in there. I assume you configure a new source with > a multicast address on your MOH server. > > If it’s set to re-broadcast, it’ll be looking to capture the input stream > from that address. > > > > Is it just saying since your MOH server is receiving MMOH on say > 239.1.1.1:16384 > > (And would then re-broadcast this as Unicast where required) > > It won’t send any multicast on that same address > > > > But you can configure a multicast address – on that source – which means > it re-broadcasts the original stream as multicast on a new multicast > address as well. > > > > MoH server for re-broadcasting + External Multicast source must be on same > LAN (or at least have multicast routing connectivity between them) for the > rebroadcasting – so if your server is receiving on one address, you > wouldn’t want to be sending out on the same address. > > > > That’s the way I read it which I think makes sense to me. > > > > Cheers, > > > > Tim > > > > *From:* cisco-voip <[email protected]> *On Behalf Of *Anthony > Holloway > *Sent:* Thursday, 19 September 2019 1:00 AM > *To:* Cisco VoIP Group <[email protected]> > *Subject:* [cisco-voip] Multicast MOH (MMOH) SRND Question > > > > I was helping someone troubleshoot a MMOH issue and what was happening was > that CUCM audio source, MOH Server, and MRG were all setup to do MMOH. > There was also a hardware MOH device on the network, which was sending MMOH > on the same IP address (239.1.1.1) as the CUCM MOH Server. > > > > When I pointed out that this would be a problem, I was shown the following > statement from the SRND: > > > > *"If the multicast MoH server and the audio source are configured with the > same multicast group address, when Phone B is placed on hold, it will > receive the multicast RTP audio stream (E) from the original multicast > stream (B) broadcast by the SRST router. In this case the MoH server does > not send the audio because it is aware that the destination multicast IP > address group is the same as the external audio source multicast stream (B) > broadcast by the SRST router."* > > > > Source: > https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/collab11/collab11/media.html#pgfId-1393039 > > > > Now, a TAC case was opened, and TAC said it should have done what the SRND > is stating, but I am doubtful. I think the wording in the SRND is poor, > and that perhaps it only pertains to the Fixed source of 51, and not just > any source you create. > > > > So, I'm asking for your understanding and knowledge of how this works, to > clarify this aspect of MMOH for me. Please read the entire section of the > SRND linked, because context is important here. I only provided a snippet. >
_______________________________________________ cisco-voip mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip
