From: cisco-voip <cisco-voip-boun...@puck.nether.net> On Behalf Of Anthony
Holloway
Sent: Tuesday, September 24, 2019 12:59 PM
To: UC Penguin <gen...@ucpenguin.com>
Cc: Cisco VoIP Group <cisco-voip@puck.nether.net>
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] Is Your CCIE Status on Your Cisco.com Profile?

I was just kidding around anyway.

For what it's worth, I've been at a Partner for the majority of my career (~10
out of ~13 years), and I can honestly say that, from a post-sales engineering
role I serve, there's very little of benefit to me on the partner side.  I
derive almost all of my value from public documentation, the non-partner
support forums, this mailing list, and good old fashion "let's try it and see
what it does."

I find the partner support forum area to be quite dead, and when questions are
asked, it's public information that could have benefited a google searcher
looking for that answer.

Perhaps some partners will chime in here and share with me some nugget of
information, and I'll realize, once again, I've been missing out on something
for all these years.  SMH

I can see how though, for a pre-sales engineer, that would be quite different.
I see Srini<https://community.cisco.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/322131>
over in the partner forums just crushing it, basically doing Cisco's job for
them, helping all kinds of partners out.  Competitors to his own company no
less.

On Tue, Sep 24, 2019 at 11:49 AM UC Penguin