Disclaimer:  Please test in a lab thoroughly before playing cowboy/girl and
just modifying the database willy-nilly.

I was able to pull the SQL insert from CCMAdmin tomcat logs when adding a
new template from the GUI, and then use the syntax to insert my own records
at the CLI.  However, using the below structure to copy an existing record
fails, with a syntax error, which is a real shame.

admin:run sql insert into device (pkid, name, col1, col2, colN...) select
newid(), concat(name, " - copy"), col1, col2, colN... where name = 'the
name you want to copy'

Where col1, col2, and colN are the required columns needed to properly
insert a new record (again, taken from CCMAdmin traces upon inserting a new
template via the GUI).

The idea is to insert a new record, specifying all of the proper column
names (e.g., pkid, name, fkdevicepool, etc.), while dynamically generating
a new PKID, and appending " - copy" to the name of the record I want to
copy.

According to some documentation, that command syntax should work in
Informix.  I tried a few other variations, but I can't figure it out.  Can
anyone else figure it out?  Could be a useful construct for copying just
about anything in the DB.