From: Ryan Huff <ryanh...@outlook.com>
Sent: Friday, April 3, 2020 1:52 PM
To: JASON BURWELL <jason.burw...@foundersfcu.com>
Cc: cisco-voip@puck.nether.net
Subject: Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: [cisco-voip] PSTN Calls Incorrectly Flagged as
"Potential SPAM"

You need to become a thorn in the side of the AM for your upstream carrier.
It’s a carrier -2- carrier fight at that point.
Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 3, 2020, at 13:49, JASON BURWELL
<jason.burw...@foundersfcu.com<mailto:jason.burw...@foundersfcu.com>> wrote:

Thanks for all the replies thus far. To answer a couple of the questions that
have come up, we are using valid, working DID numbers that we own for all
outbound Calling Number Masks. And none of the DIDs forward to other carriers,
they are all pointed from the PSTN to our various gateways.

One thing that was mentioned is that a SPAM autodialer bot has at some point
spoofed some of our numbers causing them to be flagged as SPAM which is
certainly a possibility and nothing we can do about that. I regularly get calls
even on my cell phone with the whole “hey I missed a call form you” from the
caller and they get irritated when I tell them, sorry I did not call you.

I know there is nothing we can do from a configuration perspective. I was just
hoping there was some managed whitelist these carriers used that I was unaware
of. I know there are various 3rd party apps that do this but its definitely
something being done at the carrier level as well because I frequently get
these messages as well on a Verizon phone and I do not have and SPAM apps or
subscriptions.

As more and more numbers are spoofed for SPAM calls I imagine at some point all
numbers will be flagged at potential SPAM at this rate.

So unless I missed something, it sounds like there is really nothing we can do
about it?

Jason