I agree with all of potential solutions.   I’ve just come across a few isolated
scenarios were we had to have the EXPC cert signed by a public CA since there
were no alternatives (right, wrong or indifferent) and Let’s Encrypt isn’t
available for the EXPC nodes (at least not using automated renewal).

Sent from an iPhone mobile device with very tiny touchscreen input keys.
Please excude my typtos.