While it's important to rest your SIP trunks, else they become cranky, it's
also important to reset them, sometimes more than once, to be sure it's
properly initialized with all of the current settings, etc.

I have wasted enough time in the past, just to see that it works after a
reset, that I now simply reset the trunk before spending anytime
troubleshooting.

Granted, this only applies to certain troubleshooting scenarios, like, if I
had an existing/working SIP Trunk, and my call center script isn't working
correctly, I'm not going to just go reset the SIP trunk.

However, if I am integrating a new IP Faxing Server into the environment,
and it has never worked before, then I will reset it.

Knowing when to reset is a bit of an art, because editing a CSS partition
order/member for your SIP Trunk does not require a reset, but editing the
SIP profile does.  Both are indirectly changing the SIP Trunk
functionality, so in a way, should be the same, but they're not.