This is a bit off-topic, but I recall a discussion of using Checkpoint
firewall, and thought I'd share a SANS security newsletter concerning
checkpoint.

"It's possible to use various fragmented packets (such as those generated by
Jolt2.c) to cause the firewall to crash or operate at 100% CPU utilization.
Firewall rules are ineffective for defense.  More information is in this
issue as item {00.24.025} ("Check Point FireWall-1 fragmentation DoS")."

I could forward the complete message to anybody interested.

Richard A. Holland
CCNP,MCSE,OpenBSD