Our network is running a 3640 as a core router and several other smaller
routers plus an HP Procurve for the Servers and LAN.  We run BGP across two
upstream networks.  Now, for a long time we have had a slight lag on our
network.  For example, whenever I am logged into our Linux servers, I will
be typing something and I will lose the cursor, then suddenly a bunch of
letters will appear at the cursor.  There are other examples.  We have
hunted up and down and not found a problem/solution.

Now comes the interesting part.  A friend of mine who has been running Linux
for years used a Linux machine as a router for the last 3.5 years.  At my
urging he decided to try a Cisco because his server was getting old and
needed an overhaul.  Yesterday he did and now has the same problem.  His
config is very simple - he has a 2640 router running IOS 12.1 - one T-1 and
one Ethernet port to which he has connected his Dialup equipment (he is a
Dialup ISP).

What gives?  He is now bad mouthing Cisco even more than he did before!

Any ideas appreciated.
Thanx,
Anil Gupte