I recommend taking a look at this article
http://www.idg.net/ic_1325908_9677_1-5044.html

There is good news and bad news built into it. The bad news first: the tech
jobs that many of us in North America used to enter the IT world -- help
desk, small networks -- are consolidating and moving overseas for cost
reasons. Of course, that's good news for the folks overseas who are just
like us in all the important respects -- they're going to have more
opportunities to break in.

The good news for North America is in the last paragraph:

// Wasierski says one key to success is finding a competent integrator and
reviewing two of its recent implementations. In his case, the Cisco
integrator "had no idea what it was doing," partly because the technology
was so new. As a result, vCustomer had to scrap the integrator's work and
start over, building the entire system in-house. "That was a learning
experience," he says. //

The work in North America will be in the design and implementation of the
mixed networks. Those who can do the more complex, and deeper, integrations
will have work. This article should make clear why Cisco is shifting the
newer CCNP and CCDP exam tracks to include more VoIP, security, and IPv6. I
thought it was to push sales, and it probably is. But the products have a
compelling business case, which means I've got more stuff to learn, and the
same 24-hour day to do it in ;-).

Annlee