Amazing wrote:

> I just did the CCNP recet test two weeks ago and passed with
> not too much
> studying -- used boson test to see my weak areas and just
> brushed up on
> those areas -- hint -- you can use the same study materials you
> used three
> years ago -- nothing has changed.

I wouldn't recommend just using the same material as 3 years ago. There are
some new topics, like IS-IS for Routing and multilayer switching for
Switching. Support and Remote Access seemed to be pretty similar, but those
other two were pretty different from 3 years ago, at least in my test. I
found it to be a two-Tums-package test for sure, depsite a good score in the
end.

> as to the answer to your questions, my experience has been that
> you should
> go directly to cisco with these questions so you have a

I defintely agree there. Go to Cisco. Even if we give you an answer, the
Authoritative Bit will not be set. :-) That won't stop me though from adding
a few more comments below....

> documented answer
> when they change their mind later on ;-)

> ""John Cianfarani""  wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > I have to recert my CCNP by the 21st of this month.  (yeah I
> know I left
> > it late, but I was busy upgrading my CSS1 to CCSP).
> >
> > I notice they have a new test coming out ( 642-891 ) Called
> Composite
> > which is based on BSCI and BCMSN, which will also let you
> recert your
> > CCNP and CCDP with at the same time.  Now that test doesn't
> come out
> > until Aug 7th.  Anyone know if there is still a Beta of this
> exam
> > available to write?

I don't think they ever did a beta for that new composite exam that suddenly
popped up? Maybe it will still come out?

>Or if Writing BSCI / BCMSN is equivalent?

I doubt you can just write BSCI and BCMSN to get recertified.

> > Also anyone know a way extended you recert date maybe by
> writing a
> > current CCNP exam or something or am I just gonna have to
> buckle down
> > and write the 640-851 CCNP Recert exam?

Just do it. It's not that painful. :-) And I think it's your only option.
Ask Cisco and check your tracking info to be sure. Good luck!

Priscilla