Priscilla,

Didn't Radia write a poem that starts something like
"I have never seen a tree as lovely as a spanning tree?"

BTW, is it still possible to get a "free" copy of 802.1s & w.
I looked on the IEEE site but couldn't find them.

Prof. Tom Lisa, CCAI
Community College of Southern Nevada
Cisco ATC/Regional Networking Academy
"Cunctando restituit rem"

Priscilla Oppenheimer wrote:

  Get a copy of Cisco LAN Switching by Kennedy Clark and Kevin
  Hamilton. It's
  right up there with Doyle as one of the best networking books ever
  written.
  It makes switching fun again! ;-) It's well written, technicaly
  accurate and
  interesting, and it doesn't just throw the latest marketing trends at
  you
  with no explanation of their history, like some switching material
  does.

  Also, CertificationZone has some good articles and study materials
  for
  switching.

  By the way, switching isn't as dull as it might seem. The spanning
  tree
  algorithm can be quite interesting to study. And there are
  enhancements to
  it now like 802.1s (multiple spanning trees) and 802.1w (rapid
  spanning tree
  protocol).

  Good luck!

  Priscilla Oppenheimer