No reason to be sorry!  I'm all for "vigorous" discussion ;-)

No BGP in the NA because we are talking about SMALL to medium business.
Yes, they should know about how to connect up to the Internet, using a
default route, etc.  But you are not going to find that many ISPs, if any,
that are willing to setup a BGP peer with a store-front business with a 16
address space public network (or even granted they are given a /24 public
subnet).  If you find any, let me know!

That's why I say EGP for NP.  A medium to large business certainly may need
EGP expertise.

And I suppose that's a slight difference in the way people think about the
different certification levels.  When I say RIP, IGRP, EIGRP, OSPF should be
requirements for a NA I mean the candidates should be }experts{ in those
protocols.  Not just having a passing understanding, have read about it in a
book once, or used some study guide to rote-memorize answers to common
questions.

So, on the one hand I think the standards should be tougher, requiring
"expert" level knowledge for the IGP's, and on the other I don't think a NA
needs to know anything about EGP's.

Fred Reimer - CCNA

Eclipsys Corporation, 200 Ashford Center North, Atlanta, GA 30338
Phone: 404-847-5177  Cell: 770-490-3071  Pager: 888-260-2050

NOTICE; This email contains confidential or proprietary information which
may be legally privileged. It is intended only for the named recipient(s).
If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected the email, please
notify the author by replying to this message. If you are not the named
recipient, you are not authorized to use, disclose, distribute, copy, print
or rely on this email, and should immediately delete it from your computer.