Trying to apply what I am learning in the CCNA class, I am running into some
confusion regarding some basic concepts.  I am trying to apply what I
learned to our network which has a few colocated customers to whom I want to
assign ips with subnets.

We have a /23 assigned to us, let us call it 63.142.136.0/23.  We have
broken it up into (assigned on our router's etherne port):

  Internet address is 63.142.136.1/24
  Secondary address 63.142.137.1/24

Also, "show ip route static" shows (among other things):
S       63.142.136.0/23 is directly connected, Null0
S*   0.0.0.0/0 [1/0] via 66.100.223.193

Now here is where my confusion begins.  I want to assign a subnet to a
customer, let us say
63.142.136.32/27 which will be 32 - 63 with 32 being the network address and
63 being the broadcast.  I will then add

ip route 63.142.136.32 255.255.255.224

On his Windows server, do I assign 63.142.136.33 as the default gateway?
and now do I need to add a route to route his subnet to 63.142.136.1?

Am I confused about the Gateway vs. network address?  If I could understand
this, I think I would understand everything about routing. :-)  Well maybe
not, but I sure would feel better about it...

Thanx,
Anil Gupte