All,

One last thing this evening...

We are badly in need of a redesigned main page for the wiki.  Someone has
already made a yeomanly effort, but the result needs work.

I would say our constraints should be these:

(1) Since we are still in the pilot project phase (but moving into Phase
3!), it's OK if the pilot project wiki's main page is aimed at the pilot's
participants.  But it should make sense to others who can see *only* that
page on the wiki.

(2) The page should be *simple*.  Whatever text it uses should be highly
effective and concise.

(3) The page should be elegantly designed.  IF it uses tables (it needn't)
and colors (ditto), it should use those tables and colors with an eye to
good design.

(4) It should be maintainable.  It shouldn't commit us to things we haven't
been committed to yet, like "featured article of the week."  Since we
haven't got a way to pick such articles (though you're free to spearhead
such a campaign, folks), we shouldn't put up a "featured article of the
week."

If you don't want to edit the main page directly, create a subpage, or a
subpage of your userpage, and link to it from the main page's Talk page.

TIA!  Please come through for us--don't leave it in my hands or you're
likely to be disappointed!

--Larry