Thanks for your reply, Paul.

On Fri, 25 May 2012 20:29:32 +0100 Paul Yasi <p...@citrusdb.org>
wrote:
>The currency symbol is printed almost nowhere, maybe it should
>just be
>removed.  For multiple currencies would one need multiple prices
>for
>everything?  That sounds like a total mess. Why would you want to
do
>that to yourself?

We will not be the end users of any billing software.
We're selling software that we're going to integrate
with a small number of billing packages (probably two)
to exhibit as reference systems for our customers.
They will be free to choose to whatever billing s/w
they like, but if they choose one of the ones we've
investigated then some of the work will already have
been done for them.

I expect at least some may want to quote and bill in,
say, either dollars or euros according to their
customer's location or preference.

>A volume discount could be done during your import script by
>assigning
>it to different services depending on what the amount was, say
>under
>100 gets one service id and over 100 gets a different service id.

OK, sounds like I got that one right.

>Each rate you offer would usually be a different service at a
>different price.  You do end up with a huge number of services.
>At
>least that's how it's meant to be.

As there seems to be no limit on the number of services
that can be created, this shouldn't be a problem in
itself, though the code to automatically create and
update them as necessary would have to be written so
that the operator does not have to manage them all
individually. The alternative (which I think it would
be better to avoid) would be to try to patch CitrusDB
so that price was calculated by multiplying more than
two numbers, e.g., instead of rate * hours, something
like rate * hours * class multiplier * zone multiplier.

Thanks again.
Michael