I can suggest two things to look at to resolve intonation issues. First,
have a look at the nut. Do the
strings lay in the grooves properly? It could be that the top of the nut is
curved or that the grooves are
not cut properly, so that some or all of the strings don't lay in the
groove right up to the edge of the
nut.  The other thing is to experiment with bridge placement.  The theory
is that the distance nut to 12th
fret and 12th fret to bridge are the same, but that doesn't always work in
practice.  You might also find
that angling the bridge helps intonation as well.

Let us know how it goes.

Doc

I was going to play another piece by Ritter, a Rondeau. But in the minor
section it has an E flat arpeggio
above the fifth position and I just can't get my guittar in tune up there.
Perhaps my guittar is
particularly poorly fretted. Those guittars with capo holes must have be
well fretted. I suspect the
Geminiani pieces would be
unplayable on my guittar (which may not be untypical).

Stuart