On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 1:58 AM, Jean-Philippe Barette-LaPierre
<j...@rrette.com> wrote:
> Here's a first working draft for GLUT.Framework support. I'm not familiar
> with either lisp or opengl, so if you want me to improve the patch in any
> way, just tell me what you want and I'll modify it.

I borrowed a Mac mini for a few minutes (yay clbuild!) and tried your
patch. Things seemed to work though closing a window didn't return me
to the REPL. (I tried the gears example.)

Also, I don't think this patch will work as is on e.g. Clozure CL
since the event loop needs to run on the initial thread.
glut/interface.lisp has some commented out code at the end to do just
that.

> Currently, the first
> obvious problem is that there's no way to choose between the freeglut
> library or the native one (GLUT.Framework).

I wouldn't worry much about that for now. I don't think OSX users want
to deal with X11 or FreeGLUT at all.

> So, how do you want to manage
> the future patches I'll send?

Diffs are fine, thanks.