Hi,

 I might have been a bit unprecise and I just found out it might be
off topic for this list (see below): This is all related to my laptop
running an AMD ryzen 7 integrated cpu/gpu on a linux arch system with
latest sbcl/slime/emacs.

Running (cl-glut-examples:gears) using the open source radeon driver,
everything works as expected and the REPL reports a framerate of 60
fps.

Using the closed source pro driver of amd, the framerate goes up to
ca. 1000 fps and the cpu maxes out. Putting a timer in the display
function (calling #'glut:post-redisplay), the framerate goes down, but
the cpu is still above 100%.

I just found out that this is also true for the glxgears program:
running it with the open source driver give 60 fps, using it with the
pro driver gives 12000 fps and the cpu maxes out.

Even as this therefore seems to be more realted to the graphics driver
than cl I'd still appreciate if anyone has an idea, how to deal with
this...

--
Orm