Top post for easier reading. flames > /dev/null
This sounds like a bug in the cygwin version of mkstemp. I had to use mkstemp on
cygwin because
I was getting 'already exists' errors with mktemp so I moved to mkstemp, which is
better anyway.

 I suggest you pass this on to the authors of cygwin.

-Nigel

--
Nigel Horne. Arranger, Composer, Typesetter.
NJH Music, Barnsley, UK.  ICQ#20252325