Hi all !

First of all, thanks for this great project !

I'm currently looking into porting clamav to an embedded arm-xscale platform
with rather tight memory resources (< 64 MB). My cross-compilation for
big-endian
xscale seems to work accurate as far as I can see by now. I'm working
with the current stable release 0.88.

I would be interested in your opinion regarding a runtime configuration
for clamd optimized for memory consumption. I would prefer to use a single
server thread handling a single local socket with successive (not
parallel) client connections, i.e only one scan takes place at a time.

Thats why I chose the following clamd.conf options

LocalSocket /tmp/run/clamav/clamd.ctl
MaxThreads 1

I see however at least 3 clamd processes , each claiming
VmRSS: 10736 kB and after a while (running overnight without
scanning) claiming over 19000 kB (but presumably much of
it beeing shared libraries). These 3 threads are there always after
a'startup and not only during scanning.

When comparing this with the linux version (current debian sarge, clamav 0.88,
kernel 2.6.15.6 ) and using the same configuratin I see only one thread,
claiming
VmRSS:     10104 kB

Should I expect to see only a single clamd thread when choosing MaxThreads 1 ?
What is the memory consumption I should expect after running clamd for
a longer time with the above configuration ?

Thanks and best regards

Peter