Hello, I would like some advice on an idea I have.  I want to create an
application that will help my company audit our network storage to ensure that
we are not storing private customer data in any accessable files.

For example, my idea is to search files for signatures of credit card numbers
(maybe addresses etc).  Since I am basically looking for patterns that might be
a credit card number, I thought that this would essentially be a virus scanner
that isn't looking for viruses.

I found CLAM AV (open source virus scanner) and I am wondering if it seems that
using CLAM AV would be suited to this type of application, or am I choosing the
wrong kind of solution.

Thanks for your help.